4-Barret 50. Cal
3-Longbow
2-AK-47

And the greatest weapon of all time is:

1-Human Body: Wing Chun

"Guns and swords are just tools, without the human mind they're nothing."
Posted by: shinobi_v1

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 12/31/05 03:14 PM

boomerang!??!...... ..forgiveness is devine but never pay full price for late pizza..
Posted by: 1neikoot

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 12/31/05 04:12 PM

actually, they used the boomerang over 4000 years ago (the Egyptians) they claim it was a very deadly weapon.

Just saying what they said, i don't necessarily agree with it.
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 12/31/05 05:50 PM

Quote:

..forgiveness is devine but never pay full price for late pizza..

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... the first movie.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 12/31/05 06:11 PM

Quote:

Discovery Channel Top Ten Greatest Weapons of all time

Top Ten Countdown:

10-Katana

I own one of these. I thought the only person it was dangerous to was me.

http://2005.suzuki.ca/en/bike/images/colour/g75f-clg2.JPG
Posted by: Foundation

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 12/31/05 06:16 PM

Quote:

I own one of these. I thought the only person it was dangerous to was me.

http://2005.suzuki.ca/en/bike/images/colour/g75f-clg2.JPG />

I suppose nobody hit you on your head with it before, you'd know better if they did.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 03:37 AM

Hey, very clever Dereck, but as a bike fan myself I'd say the katana is no match for the Hayabusa...damn that bike is fast
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 04:42 AM

Quote:

And the greatest weapon of all time is:

1-Human Body: Wing Chun

Just a little detailing -- 1-Human Body: Female.
Posted by: TKD-Skippi

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 08:22 AM

It may not be very p.c to say it but the atomic bomb is the greatest weapon ever...it does the job of a weapon better than a sword or a gun. millions can be killed with it in the blink on an eye then many more thousands more from radiation. It might be an awfull thing but the a-bomb is the best weapon ever consieved...might not have the romantic leanings of a samurai sword. But it does the job better.
Posted by: GodsSpartan

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 09:59 AM

The atomic bomb is not the greatest weapon ever. Its an act of desperation.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 10:24 AM

Guys, look at the list. Those are all (relatively) close range weapons compared to bombs or rockets. Most bombs and other explosive devices tend to have a pretty high rate of collateral damage as well. Bigger the bomb, bigger the problem.

In that sense, the A-bomb (or any other similar device) is really not that great. Gas attack would at least not destroy the infrastructure/physical value of the area in question.

Use of any weapon is an act of desperation, not limited to any particular type.
Posted by: chakuy

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 01:02 PM

I think a solid pool ball is one of the greatest weapon. i used it once and it was great!! great weapon
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 02:21 PM

No, the greatest weapon ever is a bacterial/viral weapons.

It has the capacity to kill Billions, can linger for centuries, has the capacity to mutate thus preventing a cure, difficult to contain and very easy to produce & spread.

owari

BTW: (derailed comment) Hello Suzi riders...SV1000S here.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 02:58 PM

If all the wars were fought with a-bombs and man made biological/chemical weapons there would be no need for that list or for that matter human civilization....because we would all be dead.
Posted by: Cord

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 03:41 PM

The greatest weapon in the world is time. It both destroys your enemy, and heals the wounds they inflicted upon you.
Posted by: globetrotter

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 05:11 PM

there are a nunmber of weapons that, during their era, were able to dominate the battle field for generations, sometimes for 300-400 years. some of these were revolutionary, soem were direct reposnses to other weapons.

examples -
the chariot
the hoplites heavy spear and armor
the roman pilum and heavy choping sword
the central asian composite recurve bow
the English longbow
ships with triangular sails and cannon
the rifled musket with ring bayonet and percussion cap
the chain fed machine gun
the tank
the AK-47

if I were to choose one, it would probrably be the AK-47. I am not sure that any weapon has enabled as much strife or has given untrained, physically weak people as much power as the AK-47.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 06:38 PM

Quote:

Hey, very clever Dereck, but as a bike fan myself I'd say the katana is no match for the Hayabusa...damn that bike is fast

Agreed. 1300 cc's and if a turbo ... out of this world.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 06:40 PM

Quote:

The greatest weapon in the world is time. It both destroys your enemy, and heals the wounds they inflicted upon you.

Excellent answer Cord. You are getting to be a deep person in your older age.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 08:16 PM

...as long a you can control time, OK. Otherwise, it's not a weapon.
Posted by: phoenixsflame

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/01/06 10:58 PM

I can control time...

Its easy. Watch.

At exactly this time tomorrow I will post another post, it will say "See? I can control time." and it will be at exactly 9:57 Central (US) Time...

Patience rocks!

I don't think they take into acount anything of the skill of thsoe wielding it, I'd say Skill is the deadliest weapon ever.
Posted by: Cord

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/02/06 07:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. 1300 cc's and if a turbo ... out of this world.

Honda R1 At the Sturgess Power output competition a few years back, a tuned R1 became the first motorbike to produce 500BHP at the rear wheel!

I am also a lifelong, unapologetic devotee of the magnificent Yamaha V-Max. I dont care that it didnt go round corners, it was big and shiny, and with a cosworth tune would kick out 163 BHP in a road legal bike.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/03/06 01:54 PM

While I am an ardent fan of anything fast and lethal
- particularly horses, bikes and exotic cars, this is getting a bit off topic guys.

Can you try to keep at least some martial art weapons in the thread!

Hint: 101 uses for a fast bike as a weapon... I dont want to have to close the thread
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/04/06 08:19 PM

A quantum singularity - a black hole. The ultimate weapon.

If you could manage to control and move one near to a planet it would utterly destroy anything and everything within a hundred million miles long before any effective response could be brought to bear.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/04/06 11:30 PM

As long as people are using Time & Quantum Singularity as weapons, I don't see why we Bikers can't control Time & Black Holes w/ our magnificent 2-wheeled weapons! YeeHa!

Jump on your horse & catch me w/ your pointy stick if you can!
Posted by: Reiki

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/05/06 01:38 PM

Quote:

As long as people are using Time & Quantum Singularity as weapons, I don't see why we Bikers can't control Time & Black Holes w/ our magnificent 2-wheeled weapons! YeeHa!

Jump on your horse & catch me w/ your pointy stick if you can!

LOL

The "pointy sticks" are quite good weapons actually.

At our recent jousting and skill at arms grading we had to do some spear work which was *interesting* as I only got a chance to do a couple of weeks practice beforehand and hadn't used a spear before. Thank goodness for all the bo work I've done, the spear felt ok to handle and was shorter & lighter than my bo but nose heavy due to the steel tip.

The guys soon learnt that I was a better shot than them when we had to gallop at a target on a hay bale and throw the spears at it. They either missed the hay bale altogether or got the very bottom of it, way off the target.

I hit the target in the bullseye! There was a stunned silence and their jaws all dropped to the ground.

So never underestimate someone on a galloping horse wielding a "pointy stick", it may be the last thing you see!
Posted by: harlan

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/05/06 01:39 PM

But...it isn't the weapon that is great..it's the thrower.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/05/06 03:58 PM

"Wars not make one great." -Yoda
Posted by: cxt

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/06/06 02:12 PM

Ben

I posit a close second as "weaponizing" a quasar.

The effect of being able to focus the entire energy output of million or more suns every few seconds----well makes the "Death Star" look like a childs toy.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/06/06 02:31 PM

I believe they are called "action figure accessories," thankyouverymuch.
Posted by: thepanda

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/06/06 08:04 PM

Sling shot.

It took down Goliath, come ON!
Posted by: shihan_chris

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/07/06 02:36 AM

The greatest weapon is the human mind. One can argue that the atomic bomb is a more efficient, lethal, and greater weapon, but without the human mind, the a-bomb would never have been created.

As far as inanimate objects go, I'm partial to the katana. Unlike a gun , it won't jam, and in the hands of a highly trained individual, it can make he or she virtually untouchable. (Excluding guns, poisons, and etc.)

Its not the greatest weapon in terms of efficiency, but its still the greatest to me.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/07/06 03:02 AM

...again, the human mind wasn't developed as a weapon unless you remove it from some poor sucker's scull & heave it @ another enemy.

A weapon is a tool created by an intelligent being therefore my hand isn't a weapon, time isn't a weapon, black holes aren't weapons, & neither is a mind.

(4th grade philosophers are like gnats - basically harmless but annoying as hell)
Posted by: shihan_chris

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/08/06 11:18 AM

Quote:

...again, the human mind wasn't developed as a weapon unless you remove it from some poor sucker's scull & heave it @ another enemy.

A weapon is a tool created by an intelligent being therefore my hand isn't a weapon, time isn't a weapon, black holes aren't weapons, & neither is a mind.

(4th grade philosophers are like gnats - basically harmless but annoying as hell)

I suppose that you would tell me that Hitler's mind wasn't a weapon either, huh?

I disagree..............

By definition, a weapon is

A.) An instrument of attack or defense in combat

(And an intrument is Something used in the performance of an operation. Therefor since the mind is something that can be used in the performance of an attack or defense, it is most definately an instrument. If you apply "Mind" as your variable for instrument in the definition of "tool", then its logical and true that the mind is a weapon.)

or

B.) A means used to defend against or defeat another.

I don't know about you, but I can certainly use my mind to produce a thought or cause my muscles to manipulate an inanimate object or even my own body in such a way that it is used deffensively or offensively.

TELL ME HOW IN THE WORLD A MIND IS NOT A WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It just doesn't stand to reason.

And by the way, some of us would disagree with the statement that "time isn't a weapon, because it wasn't created by an intelligent being", but I want even go into that, since this is afterall a martial arts forum.

THE MIND IS THE GREATEST WEAPON, BAR NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/08/06 01:12 PM

Simple...(& I don't need caps to express myself - don't have a stroke, it's only a forum, not your life) Here goes:

The Mind creates the weapon.

Using your logic(?) the mind is all things because it causes things to be: The Mind is transportation. The mind is a meal. The mind is a work of art.

Concepts (the mind) remain concepts until physical action is applied to making a thing or motivating people (Hitler) to do something. W/o part 2, a concept remains in the mind.

So if the mind is a weapon, what is "Mushin" & why do MA-ists srtive to achieve a state of No Mind? (Ah-hah...)

owari

BTW: My Sig has never jammed so let's meet somewhere - you w/ your katana & me w/ my trusty Sig.
Posted by: SpeedyGonzales

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/08/06 10:48 PM

Quote:

Sling shot.

It took down Goliath, come ON!

deleted religious comment as it is off topic & against forum rules

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/08/06 10:53 PM

Quote:

The Mind is transportation.

Concepts (the mind) remain concepts until physical action is applied to making a thing or motivating people (Hitler) to do something. W/o part 2, a concept remains in the mind.

Agreed, which is why I hesitated to name my idea as a "weapon."

I don't think that is an appropriate term either but "shield" is the closest, but I still can't think of a good term for my post.

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 01/09/06 03:54 AM

With respect, then why not delete the sling shot comment? It also lingers into religion's juridiction.

And there is a whole section here on Zen - a branch of Buddhism. Isn't this religious?

Despite how "pure" buddhism may be, it is still a religion.

A slingshot is a weapon, thus it is a valid topic. Reference to a character living or dead or in a book is ok in that context.

Discussion on religion is not a valid topic.

The Zen section is for discussion of Zen concepts, mainly meditation and principles.

Posted by: pj_br549

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 02/03/06 12:28 PM

I say Alan Greenspan is the best weapon,, he can raise your intrest rates!
Posted by: meteorhammer

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 12/27/08 12:09 PM

all i can say i there is no greatest weapon
a train person could kills someone that doesnt know how to use a katana orr another weapon with a twig, does that make either devices a better weapon? neither. there is no greatest weapon. its all about the person. the training they have received, its all about the person wielding the weapon.
Posted by: meteorhammer

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 12/27/08 12:11 PM

wow im tired and that commment above is like....whoa :P
Posted by: SifuHax

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 05/17/09 03:24 PM

Quote:

boomerang!??!...... ..forgiveness is devine but never pay full price for late pizza..

That's great. Michelangelo is my second favourite Turtle.

Before that quote: "Hey! This is a ten. The tab's thirteen."
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 08/26/10 03:22 PM

The greatest weapon is the one you have access to when someone tries to kill you.
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 08/26/10 10:31 PM

The greatest weapon is the one you know how to handle or whatever is there that is available when you need it.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: The greatest weapons ever - 08/27/10 01:00 AM

You just repeated what I said with a slight word variation and a small addendum ("the one you know how to handle"). .