question

Posted by: WishesToLearn

question - 11/28/05 05:33 PM

i am nto sure which catagory this would go in but im tryign to figure out what is a good technigue for bo and other typoes of staves and how i would get into it
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: question - 11/28/05 06:58 PM

Go and find an instructor and ask them.
Good luck
matt
Posted by: flyingtiger

Re: question - 11/28/05 09:47 PM

Hey dude if you are into the staf you should really get into things like shito Ryu or shito Kyu or gostion go.

good luck with the learning
brandon
Posted by: Ives

Re: question - 11/29/05 04:38 AM

Find a Bojutsu or Kobujutsu/Kobudo instructor. There are different styles around. Hozon Shinko Kai, Matayoshi, Tesshinkan, Yamanni Ryu some karate schools teach bo techniques (Wado Karate I believe)!

Good luck!
Posted by: Reiki

Re: question - 11/29/05 01:31 PM

A good starting point [apart from reading the sticky post at the top of the forum] would be to join a MA dojo with a good instructor and start having regular instruction!

Bo is usually taught at mid level rank in many dojos so a few years of sweat and hard work will bring its reward.
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: question - 11/29/05 02:40 PM

Tell us where you are and we may be ble to help you find some quality instruction in your area.

Or as Eyrie succinctly put it in another post;

www.justf***inggoogleit.com

Page

<<Language!>> !!
Posted by: WishesToLearn

Re: question - 11/29/05 09:33 PM

i did gogle it i coudln't fdind anythign good half i ddin;t understand and they ahd a bout a thousand other answear i perfer soem adivce on people not jsut what they say anyway....im in richmond virgina by teh way and it not exactly the culture spot
Posted by: Reiki

Re: question - 11/30/05 01:06 AM

What about your local dojos? Have you been there and asked what they do??

This should be your starting point, to get some correct instruction. Once you are proficient then you can look at some seminars and other things.