Sais Kata Download

Posted by: Malefacus

Sais Kata Download - 09/19/05 02:18 PM

Hey!
I just bought my first pair of sais. What a beautiful and elegant weapon! I already know a couple of techniques, but I need more! I don't know any kata and I can't find any downloadable on the net. I try www.goju-ryu.com and I try to register to get acces to the videos but they never send me the verification code! I even write to the goju guy but no anwser. Man! What is the problem with that site! Anyways, if anyone can help me find some sais kata, that would be very nice. I can't wait to train myself in that gracious weapon style. Thanks!
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/19/05 02:54 PM

Try joining a school that teaches the sai, not a web site.

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/19/05 04:44 PM

The first school that teach sai is at 8 hours. I live in a small town, north Canada. Thanks for the useful tips...
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/19/05 04:52 PM

Since you are so far away from the MA club that teaches sai, I'd suggest you find a dojo that does training camps and join it so you can learn how to work with the sai under supervision.

It'll give you a start which is better than trying to learn it off the net or a video, but won't replace regular and consistant training with a good instructor.

I have a video of our sai kata however it is a very large file and way too big to load up on my website.
Posted by: Meanstreak

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/19/05 10:15 PM

How about a new sticky thread "you cannot self train/learn without a teacher" - have this the title so it can be seen without accesing the thread - most people seem to be too lazy to read old posts.
Posted by: MAGr

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/20/05 06:33 AM

So why not learn a weapon that they DO teach near your place. Do you think it is better to learn a weapon completely wrong that is your first choice or a weapont that may not be your childhood fantasy but you will actually learn?

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/20/05 08:30 AM

I never ask for your opinion. If you can't give me any tips on where to find kata or techniques on the net, please just don't reply. The title seem clear enough: SAIS KATA DOWNLOAD. There is probably a thread for all your you need a sensei philosophies. Thanks. Now HELP me please.
Posted by: oldman

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/20/05 08:55 AM

I think they are trying to help.
Posted by: MAGr

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/20/05 09:33 AM

There is no such thing as being able to learn a kata or a form from a video or the net. Period, so you want to learn sai and we gave you our answer.

Otherwise you can download 'teenage mutant ninja turtles' I think one of them uses the sai.

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/20/05 12:08 PM

Ha! That was funny! Actualy, I already try some of the turtle tricks.
In fact, I've been learning Wado-Ryu at the only karate school near my place from the age of 10. I know a lot of Katas. But my sensei don't know any weapon form. Man! I just want to try some katas. I know it's not the best but I realy have no other choice. Should I just put them on the wall cause of my situation?
Posted by: harlan

Re: Sais Kata Download - 09/20/05 12:16 PM

Heck...sell them to me!
The problem is, as you probably know having already studied a martial art, is that learning the kata (foot pattern, hand patterns) is simply empty learning. Keep looking on the internet....you will find some sai kata. I found an interesting one diagrammed out in an article in a German magazine (can't find the link right now).

Good luck, and don't give up on looking for an instructor.
Posted by: 1961

Re: Sais Kata Download - 10/04/05 12:13 PM

Hi. Sorry my english.

I had the same problem. And i can't find sai kata for training anywhere. On gojo-ryu.info try to "forget my password" and you can get the code. Or mai me to 1961@got.mmtel.ru (words "KARATE" and "your name" must be in "Subject") may be i can help you. May be download from MY SITE. But now i have no fine video with sai kata. On gojo-ryu.info sai kata is not well. Note, it is - famous resource.

Only one way i found. TV, Video or DVD with exponential performances(statements), demonstrations after or before the great ñompetitions.

Best regards.

p.s. What does it mean - "Malefacus". Why male? Are you frightened of the girl?
Posted by: 1961

Re: Sais Kata Download - 10/05/05 09:17 AM

Hi, there. Karateka.

I put you the mail.
Please note me if you can't get it.

Br.

Sai !!!
It is the famous weapon, i think.
It is Zen.