Bladed Sais

Posted by: chakram lover 32

Bladed Sais - 08/28/05 04:15 PM

BLADED SAIS
does anyone know where to purcase bladed sais
or a good black smith were i can get some made?
Posted by: kenposan

Re: Bladed Sais - 08/28/05 11:20 PM

The shaft and tines of the sai were used to block, strike and ensnare enemy weapons. The shaft of the weapon was never bladed , which would have made any reversing action in order to strike with the hilt, or block with the shaft, along the forearm, completely impossible. If the sai were used for thrusting to any depth into the enemy's body, because of suction it would be very difficult to withdraw the weapon, which would render it useless. This may be another reason why an extra sai was carried. Many of the weapons kata from the Ryukyu Islands were named after their founder, or their place of origin, and have been passed down to modern times. -Michael Finn, Martial Arts: A Complete Illustrated History, The Overlook Press, 1988

Why would you want bladed Sai?
Posted by: oonyuudou

Re: Bladed Sais - 08/31/05 06:43 PM

Although I would agree with Kemposan 100% on his comments on the dangerous nature of flipping a bladed sai, if you look in Fumio Demure's Sai weapon of s-d, there is a picture of a bladed sai. It does look somewhat more like modified combat knife though. I have never seen another anywhere and have to say would never bother anyway. The regular sai can pucture and the damage an octagonal shaft can do to a skull would make it more than capable.
Posted by: warrior32

Re: Bladed Sais - 11/03/05 04:25 PM

Quote:

Bladed sai like the ones in elektra are "pretend weapons"

lets not go there shall we.

HI
i did not get a answer and a court would not see them as pretend weapons, bladed sais are no different then sharp tipped sais, i would rather that you help rather then but into subjects you know nothing about,