Sword

Posted by: Sai124

Sword - 07/03/05 07:52 PM

Quick question - Do any of you know where I can find how to do some "flashy" sword moves. I can currently do a finger twirl, but I would like to do other "flashy" moves, but I can't think of any. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Sword - 07/03/05 10:11 PM

Better ask your instructor or join an acting school that teaches flashy stage combat moves.
Posted by: Warwolph

Re: Sword - 07/04/05 12:28 PM

what kind of sword? Katanas? fencing swords? what? and then what kinda flashy? to look aggressive, or to look fast? too vague. Look for a dojo.
Posted by: Sai124

Re: Sword - 07/04/05 02:09 PM

Sorry for the lack of information. My school has eight different sword katas, but I would like to do something different. What I'm looking to do is make up my own sword kata. The only problem, is that I stink at making up katas. The sword that I have is a Dragon Samurai Sword which can be found here: [url] http://gungfu.com/cart-htm/swords_samurai_alloy.htm [/url] . I have the Katana and the guard is removed. Once again, I am sorry for the lack of info; I'm just trying to get some ideas for a nice sword kata.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Sword - 07/04/05 04:26 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the lack of information. My school has eight different sword katas, but I would like to do something different. What I'm looking to do is make up my own sword kata. The only problem, is that I stink at making up katas. The sword that I have is a Dragon Samurai Sword which can be found here: [url] http://gungfu.com/cart-htm/swords_samurai_alloy.htm [/url] . I have the Katana and the guard is removed. Once again, I am sorry for the lack of info; I'm just trying to get some ideas for a nice sword kata.

I'd be very careful with using this type of sword it is not meant to do kata with, it's merely a wall hanger and is not meant to be used! It will fly apart sooner or later.

And I'd stick to your schools' kata for now.

Don't try to re-invent the wheel.