Some good sai

Posted by: Anonymous

Some good sai - 03/03/05 05:45 PM

Does anyone have any idea where i can get some good strong reasonably priced sai? I need some strong ones that will hold up against lots of banging, and prongs on the sides that will not bend so easily. At least something stronger then those Century sai, those things are not at all strong enough. And not Shureido, that is too expensive.

Re: Some good sai - 03/03/05 08:37 PM

A guy told me this one time: "You can have it fast, you can have it cheap, you can have good quality. Choose two!"

Get the Shureido. Or find someone on Okinawa to get you a custom made pair.

I have had a quality pair for 15 years. They have been dropped, thrown, used for digging, chipping away a stone abuttment(don't ask), banged in training against other sai,bo,swords, machete's etc.,etc.

Spend the money. It's a better value to spend $80-$100 now and they last forever, than to spend $30 dollars a year for the next 10 years on a low grade weapon.

Page

Re: Some good sai - 03/04/05 02:34 AM

I agree with BuDoc, get shureido's and get the black ones, not the chrome. They are cheaper and you can verify if you are working them enough. If they start to rust, you are not training them enough.

Re: Some good sai - 03/05/05 09:02 AM

Wel then tell me this. How do you even order from Shureido in the first place? I cant seem to figure it out.

Re: Some good sai - 03/05/05 12:08 PM

www.karateshorinkan.com/store

Page

Re: Some good sai - 03/05/05 12:21 PM

For Europe, order through www.kamikazeweb.com