what's your FAVORITE wepon?

Posted by: Anonymous

what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 02:08 PM

I just want your opinion on peoples favorite martial arts wepons. Mine are sais! Whats yours? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 02:12 PM

I'm liking the sais. But I've gotta go with a Katana. I just got a brand new one. It's beautiful. Something about when you hold it...it makes you feel immortal.

-s.o.b.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 02:15 PM

I fancy tonfas myself. No particular reason ....Don't train in weapons. I jus' like'em. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

-Ket

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 02:35 PM

I prefer the Shaolin straight sword. Combinations are almost limitless, and, if you're trained by someone who actually knows what they're doing, you can counter just about any weapon that you can possibly face.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 03:45 PM

the chucks look good even if they're kind of worthless...

does a flail qualifies as a MA weapon?

*evil grin*
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 03:50 PM

Who said nunchaku are worthless? The way most people flip and spin them around, they are worthless, but not when wielded correctly.

My favorite (kobudo, because that's the only weapon system I train in) weapons are tonfa and eiku.

-Al

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 03:57 PM

I agree with Alejandro. nunchaku are not worthless, they can be very effective and deadly weapons if weilded correctly. If you can only use them in the sport aspect they are useless. But if you can strike with them, they are very effective!

My favorite weapons are the sais and kamas.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 04:15 PM

I've sparred in weapons divisions against nunchaku practicioners, and none yet have been able to do much against my straight sword.

Quite frankly, nunchaku are all but useless unless you can lay someone out with the first shot; which, granted, is more than likely.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 04:20 PM

The brain over all others.

Corny but truthful.

As for physical weapon...whatever I can get my hands on at the time.

Joel

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 04:33 PM

As far as just the weapon itself, I gotta agree with the Katana fans. Japanese swordsmanship and the traditions that come along with katanas just make it a stylish and almost mystical weapon. Probably one of the few weapons that can be used as decoration and stuff too hehe. Also, katanas are in the swords category. Just something about swords taht always make them a part of legends and such.

As far as actually using a weapon, I've become a big fan of Shaolin Staff. Just such a versatile weapon. It feels pretty smooth and fun to run through the forms. There's a rewarding feeling in being able to switch its lengths for blocks or powerful strikes. Plus the forms look pretty cool hehe

Sounds like Japanese weapons are the favorites overall? No one's mentioned any of the chinese weapons or kali sticks and whatever else is out there that I haven't heard of

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 04:48 PM

Only Chinese weapon I use is the straight sword, although it is my favorite.
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 06:35 PM

Don't waste time with the "this weapon is no match for this weapon" argument. That's one thing that made the Discovery Chanell XMA documentary quite bad; its elementary. Also, I don't think a weapons sparring division, chanbara or otherwise, gauges the effectiveness of a classical weapon.

-Al

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 06:44 PM

I like a good solid Parker rollerball pen, preferably with a metal casing. Far more useful than a kubotan - at least you can write with it.

[inserted missing "with" after "write"]

[This message has been edited by eyrie (edited 01-24-2005).]
Posted by: Ed Glasheen

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 07:02 PM

Mission MPK.
ED

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 07:27 PM

a nice 22 inch eskrima stick. or better yet a bolo.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 10:45 PM

I prefer the bo staff.I can take it on a walk and I won't get hasseled. You can't exactly carry a sword around or nunchucks. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Other than that my desert eagle .40 s&w [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/24/05 11:04 PM

Nobody here thinks soft weapons (other than the nunchucks) are cool?

I remember when I got to see my cousin practicing the rope and dart when I was younger... to date I still think that's one of the coolest looking weapons around. The whipchain's an interesting weapon as well.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 12:08 AM

Kusarigama

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 01:14 AM

as weapons goes, the beretta 92FS in chrome is soooo beautiful hehe

but melee weapon I prefere medieval swords, they are just so manly, feels good to hold a 2handed sword that is 160cm(64inches) and weild it with one hand with out a problem
*grins*

then knuckle irons is a favorite, or a knuckle ring

if I had to choose a MA weapon it would prolly be the one that is a long stick and at the end of it there is a sword, wanted to buy for sometime now but the prices for nice looking ones goes for 600euro and up [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

after that I would choose Katana, as I am a sword freak it would be nice to have my in my collection, there are some swords that were taken from prisoners of WW2 that were sold on a swedish buy/sell sell sight, but fealt 500 euro was too much, which it is not, they are real katanas given to the higher ranks of the soldiers of japan

oh well there might be another chance to buy a real katana

or I will just have to be rich and buy one from those ppl that make them how, chen something I belive his name is, and the one I want goes for 5000euro [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

1, Beretta 92FS Chrome
2, Medieval Swords
3, Knuckle Iron(s)
4, Long stick and a sword at the end
5, The Katana

[This message has been edited by Belnick (edited 01-25-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 06:54 AM

my two favorites are nunchaku and staff (bo or jo)

do you people think a weapon as a tool or as an extension o your body(like me). ?

dcm

[This message has been edited by Dauragon c mikado (edited 02-01-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 07:29 AM

I myself enjoy the katana most even though I consider myself better with twin Chinese broadswords.
3-sectional staff is also a wonderful weapon to use, thats a close third.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 04:56 PM

in terms of style the katana would be my favourite but in terms of practicality (you can't really walk around with a sword in you bag) tonfas would really be my favourite.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 05:02 PM

I posted already but basically any stick or sword. katana, wakizashi, tanto, broad....

My bros are gun fans (cowards [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]) so I've got to go with the weapons that require skill.

-s.o.b.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 11:35 PM

and of course there is no skill in getting a 10-1 on 300 meter distance, standing
with a gun

no of course not, just luck

:b

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/25/05 11:57 PM

AK47:

When you've absolutely positively got to kill every mother-f@#ker in the room, accept no substitute!

Bo staves are also good [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 12:47 AM

A nice bowie blade. Portable, fast, concealable and deadly. Nothing compliments a kenpoist like a knife.

Yours in the Spirit of the Warrior-Scholar,

Carlos Roman, H.I. American Kenpo Karate Studios
Orlando, FL

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 12:55 AM

My mind.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 02:46 AM

Mulberry is a tree and Kuwabara is a man! hmmm...I'd say Jo staff was a very cool weapon to learn, also Naginata but its really your preference. My best weapon is my body, kicks, punches, blocks...its your very own arsenal if trained correctly.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 03:12 AM

Plasma Sabre or Vigorian Flails for racking up fat combos.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 06:56 AM

kali sticks or nunchaku.................

*Inuyasha*

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 08:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mantisparty:
Plasma Sabre or Vigorian Flails for racking up fat combos.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean phat? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

I'd say Sniper or Beam Rifle in the larger maps, or the Energy Sword closer in so I can do that little "zippy thing" and kill them in one hit. Unless they have an overshield, of course.
Posted by: sunspots

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 04:47 PM

whitedragon_48: Have you ever done any training with Mr. Mike Pick? (Apologies, I don't remember his correct title at the moment.) I took a knife-fighting seminar with him at last years' Long Beach Internationals, and learned a lot. If you ever have the opportunity, please take it to meet this gentleman, I think you would enjoy it.

My favorite weapons? To watch, my Sifu's katana and wakasashi. To perform myself, Ma Do or Horse Knife. For practicality; a good staff, or similar substitute.

sunspots (also an American Kenpo practitioner)

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 05:32 PM

Wakasashi... I don't know why, i just like it more than any martial weapon i've ever used. A close second is a Clamore. You hold up whatever weapon you want and chances are i can smash through it with a Clamore. By saying this i'm not saying that its a better weapon than others i'm just saying its big, heavy and very deadly if you know what your doing.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/26/05 10:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunspots:
whitedragon_48: Have you ever done any training with Mr. Mike Pick? (Apologies, I don't remember his correct title at the moment.) I took a knife-fighting seminar with him at last years' Long Beach Internationals, and learned a lot. If you ever have the opportunity, please take it to meet this gentleman, I think you would enjoy it.

My favorite weapons? To watch, my Sifu's katana and wakasashi. To perform myself, Ma Do or Horse Knife. For practicality; a good staff, or similar substitute.

sunspots (also an American Kenpo practitioner)
[/QUOTE]

Salutations!

No, unfortunately, I could not go to Long Beach last year because of work. I haven't had the pleasure to study with Mr. Pick. I did (and do) study under Prof. Michael Cruz, a direct student of Master Larry Tatum.

Orlando, FL
Posted by: sunspots

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/27/05 10:13 AM

whitedragon_48,

Perhaps you will get to go to Long Beach this year, and we will meet!

I did take a seminar with Mr. Tatum at last years' Internationals (just after Mr. Pick's seminar, actually) and found it very helpful. We were just working on techniques that different people were having trouble with, and when Mr. Tatum knew that "Circling Destruction" was a weak one for me, he called me to the front of the group and gave me about 5 minutes of one-on-one help. I felt very honored.

Salutation and Respects,

sunspots
Posted by: Reiki

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/28/05 03:05 AM

I prefer a stick of any length - arnis stick, jo or bo and/or a whip.

I'm quite handy with all of them. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Also I can carry any of these around without being arrested. Handguns are illegal here and you can't go carrying any sorts of guns or knives around in public.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/28/05 05:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:
I prefer a stick of any length - arnis stick, jo or bo and/or a whip.

I'm quite handy with all of them. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Also I can carry any of these around without being arrested. Handguns are illegal here and you can't go carrying any sorts of guns or knives around in public.
[/QUOTE]

umm?? so cops can search you for no reason in your country ??
glad I don't live there [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

and I doubt u can walk down a street with a beretta in your hand in the USA hehe
not like irak where civilians run around like insect and holding a ak-47 :b

I am not alowed to cary knives that has alonger blade than 6cm or any firearms, hard to even get to training with a pellet gun hehe
but who cares?, the cops are afraid so you have to take care of your self
I carry weapons all the time, like I care if it is legal or not, thives don't, killers don't, why should I then ? I whoo are the one protecting my self or someone I care about

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/28/05 10:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunspots:
whitedragon_48,

Perhaps you will get to go to Long Beach this year, and we will meet!

I did take a seminar with Mr. Tatum at last years' Internationals (just after Mr. Pick's seminar, actually) and found it very helpful. We were just working on techniques that different people were having trouble with, and when Mr. Tatum knew that "Circling Destruction" was a weak one for me, he called me to the front of the group and gave me about 5 minutes of one-on-one help. I felt very honored.

Salutation and Respects,

sunspots
[/QUOTE]

Salutations!

I will try to go this year. have a lot of proyects lined up but I'll try my best to assist. I'm currently working on my 4th degree BB test for next month. Ironically, I'll be doing a lot of knife and stick work.

Orlando, FL

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 12:01 AM

I allways thought Bojutsu Polls were cool!
I just want your opinion on peoples favorite martial arts wepons. Mine are sais! Whats yours? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 01:28 AM

best weapon? A Mintueman ICBM or Tomohawk (can be nuclear tipped for just a little extra "kick")! lol! What kind of weapon are we talking about?

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 01:33 AM

Ok seriously now, I like any kind of staff or bo. Its the kind of thing you can find everywhere and improvise, ie broom or pool que.
I dont think you should really carry weapons arond with you (esp knives and guns), just pick up and use whatevers around. I hear even throwing stuff can work too.

[This message has been edited by JayJay (edited 01-29-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 02:07 AM

One last thing (I promise), recently I was at a kind of MA fair in the town where I live here in Japan. It showcased lots of Japanese arts. Anyway this one guy (not sure which art) was showing how an umbrella (ok laugh if you want) can be used as an effective self defense weapon on the street. Very interesting.

[This message has been edited by JayJay (edited 01-29-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 12:08 PM

I love the Katana and the history behind it. Otherwise I like Chinese weapons mainly such as Hook Swords, Kwan Dao and the Longquan Bagua Dao.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 03:47 PM

I'd have to go with the chinese broad sword, beutiful and deadly......

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 08:28 PM

a nice 22 inch eskrima stick. or better yet a bolo.

I agree.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 08:46 PM

My pick would be the exotic Wind and Fire Wheels. I like weapons that aren't used by many...Now if only I could learn to use them....

SDR

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/29/05 09:54 PM

i enjoy using the rope dart it very BOOM BAM look over there BAH in ure face like

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/30/05 06:05 PM

Sky's spear from Hero
Li Mubai's 'green destiny' from CTHD

real weapons i could one day wield -

staff - distance is your friend
rope - underrated
3 section staff - my teacher is brilliant with it
katana - obvious reasons

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/31/05 06:10 AM

I would say firearms are an obvious martial arts weapon. Just look at Stephen Segal teaching pistol technique to law enforcement. If your sensei "doesn't believe in firearms" don't believe in him and send his wussy ass to France. HKG36C assault rifle with a 4.7mm UCP as a sidearm.
Morningstar for argument sake. I love mine, not a replica, forged steel handle with a 1 1/2"in steel ball on 6 1/2' of chain. Basically a Scotts version of a cycle and chain. Semper Fi

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/31/05 12:16 PM

love my dual knives
<3333333
but an assault rifle if that can be considered one...as a paintballer, i view gunfighting as an art, even though paintball strategy is very different from real riflery

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/31/05 12:45 PM

my best weapons are a baseball bat, sticks, shillelaghs, and corkscrews.

seriously

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 01/31/05 05:58 PM

I would personally go for my good old, reliable bolt-action rifle, fitted with its usual scope and suppressor: sticks its bullets in a circle no bigger than a golf ball at fifty meters, and the noise can be reduced to merely the click from the mechanism, depending on what ammo I use. If you put aside the psychological trauma of feeling guilty for such a dishonorable kill, seeing your ennemies drop down one after the other without any of them being able to work out what is happening must be a rare and highly entertaining activity...

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 02/06/05 03:29 PM

Not sure if people would consider them strictly martial arts weapons....but I love throwing axes, make great hand weapons. I bought two yesterday acutaully, cute little steel things with woven rope grip.

Can't honestly say I use them for their intended purpose, but they're damn cool for the whole "toss-multiple-apples-in-air-and-cut-them-in-half-before-they-hit-the-ground" party trick [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG].

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 02/07/05 07:30 PM

Hi, Liquid Rock! What exactly does this party-trick consist in? I'm quite fond of party-tricks myself... I know it's mere childish showing off and should no longer appeal me, but it's such fun... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
One of my favourite ones is throwing an apple in the air at an approximate height of two meters, watch it reach its apex in the most casual and innocent manner (as if I didn't plan to even catch it on its way back but rather let it fall on the ground), and as soon as it starts descending, unsheath a hidden dagger from under my clothes with the very hand which just threw the apple and slice it in the air before it touches the ground. The whole process lasts less than two seconds. Oh, and I usually perform an elegant bit of juggling with the dagger before sheathing it back and pulling my jumper back down over the scabbard, which gets me exactly to my very first, innocent-looking status. Great effect, enhanced by the fact that noone's aware that I'm carrying a dagger (usually my Cold Steel "oyabun" tanto) in the first place. It's not as difficult as it sounds... Would you mind giving the details of that trick of yours?

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 02/11/05 12:22 AM

Heh, nothing so subtle as yours...

More just a demonstation of speed; toss some apples (or whatever) in the air, couple of spins and twists for flair and boom! some nicely chopped fruit.

It plays on the effect of moving quickly so the apple's fall is not affected by blade moving through it. The audiences sees a flash of steel and quiet suddenly the fruit is in two peices. I should get an actual routine though.

I like the idea of carrieing concealed weaponry and just non-chalantly pulling it out, totally punk! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Liquid Rock (edited 02-11-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 02/11/05 06:26 AM

Yeah, it's extremely funny but I (almost) only do it at home, since the police, strangely enough, seems not to be too happy with people carrying weapons around... Still, I don't know about your government but if mine allowed me to carry my beloved tanto, I certaily would! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
By the way, thanks a lot for answering! These axes sound like very pleasant weapons to handle. I might get myself one of them one these days...

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 02/13/05 08:36 PM

As a base and practical weapon, a stick or olisi in cebuano. I have a nice heavy kamagong stick that I seldom train with, 'cause it's sooooo heavy, and training partners complain when I damage their sticks (or bones!). There's normally a stick-like object around.

For practical carry, a mini maglite, kubotan, badjak (or dulo dulo), or just a nice strong metal pen.

But my nicest toy would have to be my very sharp visayan kris...

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 02/14/05 12:43 PM

yes> umm what type of weapons are we talking about i think a colt45 hand gun is better then a bo or a sai. but in MA i think i would go for the nunchuks or the sai!!

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 03/21/05 05:02 PM

Nunchaku. They are my favorite, and a lot of people underestimate their usefullness. I am not getting into "Nunchaku can beat Sais because" arguement. The people that take part in those stupid quarrels have the maturity level of an infant. *Cough* Hmm...anyway...Nunchaku for sure are my fave!

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 03/21/05 06:17 PM

My favourite weapon in all forms but has very little menion is the scythe.
hands down the coolest weapon around.
as for a gun it would have to be a massive ass revolver.
outside the scythe i will say the hookswords.
so many possibilities!!!

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 03/22/05 11:08 AM

I've actually become quite proficient with smaller throwing knives. I can stick a well balanced knife into a target rather well anywhere from 5-20 feet. After that any good hit would really be a lucky shot. Even taken time to learn drawing it from its sheath on my belt and throwing.

For what its worth, though, I wouldn't throw it without utter assurance of its actually landing. The person is unaware I'm behind them, for instance. Otherwise, it'd just turn into a big akward stabbing match... but I prefer that over throwing them a weapon and missing [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

- Op. Skinny Ninja

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 03/25/05 11:57 PM

my favorite weapon is the sword...
to be specific the giant blade(6ft long and weigh 70 pounds). And it's not a joke...

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 03/26/05 08:45 PM

My fav. weapon would have to be Kibo. We live around water and it can come in handy!

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 03/27/05 01:16 AM

i'll say my favorite is double katana, or single but im quite efficient with both. honestly my setup if it came down to a large battle would be a nodachi and odachi in hand, great katana on lower back, katana on right hip, and katana and wakazashi on left hip. and do not think this is too much or that its stupid because it works quite well for me considering i've trained since i was 6

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/02/05 04:40 PM

i'd have to say an apache longbow loaded up with about 116 unguided fear rockets

yeah point and click baby
jk

for real though I love the naginata and yari because fighting with a spear and fighting with a bo staff are not all that different and i think the bo is the best anti-sword weapon (aside from the firearm that is)
Posted by: laf7773

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/03/05 12:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LoneSwordsman:
i'll say my favorite is double katana, or single but im quite efficient with both. honestly my setup if it came down to a large battle would be a nodachi and odachi in hand, great katana on lower back, katana on right hip, and katana and wakazashi on left hip. and do not think this is too much or that its stupid because it works quite well for me considering i've trained since i was 6[/QUOTE]

Trained in what? Care to explain how you would use a 67" odachi with one hand while sporting a kodachi with the other? How old are you?

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/03/05 07:32 PM

A 6' tampered bo staff is my weapon of choice.

Ted

[This message has been edited by Fu Man (edited 04-03-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/09/05 02:45 PM

i didn't say kodachi i said nodachi and odachi. those two are the longest japanese swords one used as a katana the other used to take out cavalry, kodachi in my opinion is useless to my way of fighting. before you ask another his age you might want to introduce yourself first and how you've been trained

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/09/05 02:55 PM

My favourite weapon is the katana, I like it mainly because of the speed they can be moved at, like in iaidojutsu and battojustsu. Sadly I can't do these effectivly only kendo and kenjutsu really (and I can't do them very well either ^^) I also like tonfa, hand knives (or things similar) bo( or jo which ever's shorter I can never remember) and sai. My sister (who does TKD) likes nunchakus - she can't use them though lol!

[This message has been edited by kendo'h (edited 04-09-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/09/05 03:08 PM

sorry if im being brash but i don't like it when people come off as they're questioning me that way, especially by asking me how old i am thinking that if they might be older than i am that they might be correct, but i don't believe this is the case

[This message has been edited by LoneSwordsman (edited 04-09-2005).]

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/09/05 07:26 PM

Laf has to deal with a lot of stupid teenagers who come up with wacky ideas or are looking for the Kenshin art/sword. He simply would like to see your resume to make sure you're not a troll.

2 sticks, sais, or butterfly knives....2 wakizashi might work for me too, never tried though. (Took some arnis in high school)

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/10/05 12:27 AM

loneswordsman,

I'll bite. I'm the moderator of 4 sections on this forum. One of them just happens to be the sword arts section. I've been training both empty hand and weapons for 23 years and have a good 10 years or so in the Japanese sword arts.

My questions again are...
1. What art/arts are you studying?
2. How old are you?
3. How do you use two swords that are both in excess of 67" at the same time while being strapped with four more swords?

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/10/05 03:11 AM

well laf my guess would be

1. chi-ball jutsu

2. about 12 or 13(I could be wrong)

3. he doesent its not practical (exept for maybye conan or heman)

though who knows (I diffinetly dont [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] )

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/13/05 01:09 PM

Man I wish I had a digital camera, I have these brass knuckles from 15th century france
and on each knuckle is a 2-inch spike, that is my favorite weapon.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/13/05 03:31 PM

well laf at least thats a bit more understandable, in any case i've trained with bare hand, blades and guns for over 10 years, i've studied many styles of swordplay including fencing and ancient japanese styles but i only read up on them and take what i like, i have my own style and for the most part you could say im self taught, and as far as swinging around two 67" swords with all the other stuff strapped on me, im not really sure how i do it, i guess its my build but i can do it fairly easily except when i just want to demonstrate, i don't bother with wearing all that for that because that would be disasterous, but i've been around with plenty of weapons to know what you can do with them

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/14/05 02:21 AM

Still no age huh? That's ok, i got what i was looking for and expected. Feel free to cruise over to the sword arts section and take a look at some of the "self taught" threads there.

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/16/05 04:44 PM

Jo and Bokken would have to be my faves- if frequency of training and grinning is anything to go by.
Baston are a hoot too!

Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon? - 04/21/05 11:39 AM

What you take into your hand, you take into your heart.

Having been a fry-cook for 14 years, I am partial to spatulas. Well-balanced with an edge. Like me. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]