Jutte

Posted by: Anonymous

Jutte - 12/16/04 09:41 PM

Anyone know about forms, styles or schools which practice it etc?

I know it is practiced on both Okinawa and "mainland" Japan.

Re: Jutte - 01/11/05 03:14 PM

Mark:

I believe that the Takamura-ha Shindo Yoshin-ryu and Yagu Shingan-ryu include jutte-jutsu teachings in their art as do many other koryu aikibudo and jujutsu ryuha. Additionally, I believe that the Shinto Muso-ryu Jojutsu teaches at least some jutte-jutsu due to their connection to Miyamoto Mushashi and Shinmen Munisai. Also, I believe the arts developing out of the Kuki family (Kukishin-ryu and Kukishinden-ryu) contain jutte-jutsu.

I have a reference in some notes I have to Kinemon (Gonemon) Matsuzaki...but it does not say why (great note taker that I am!), so a web searh on him might yield further fruit.

Don Cunningham has a book out called "Secret Weapons of Jujutsu" and George Kirby an older book called "Jutte". They may spread some light on the issue.

For further fun, check out kabutowari or "helmet splitters" on the net...those things look fun.

I hope that was of some help to you!

Re: Jutte - 02/13/05 08:21 PM

Hi

I've seen jutte used by the local bujinkan group. It probably comes from the kukishinden connection mentioned in the previous post. Although they used them against ken (in fact they made their own jutte, with a bigger gap between the yoku, or tine, and blade, to accomodate a bokken blade) they also had a lot of techniques against knife and empty hand.

Re: Jutte - 02/13/05 09:04 PM

Thanks guys.