Fighting Measure and Fighting Range

Posted by: LifesFist

Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 01/17/10 06:53 AM

What is the difference between fighting measure and fighting range?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 01/19/10 08:03 AM

Same thing, as far as I know.

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 01/19/10 01:24 PM

I was wondering why in short JunFan/ Jeet Kune Do presentation by L. Davis it is mentioned.

Fighting measure - inside fighting measure, on the rim of fighting measure, outside fighting measure.

Ranges - close, medium, long.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 02/13/10 10:32 AM

If I may:

Fighting Measure referrs not only your range but the oppopnents range as well. Iside fighting measure= inside the opponents range.

Range refers simply to your relationship to the opponent, without taking into account his range.

So basically when the word Range is used, it refers to one person and fighting measure refers to both participants.

At least that is my interpretation.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 02/13/10 01:51 PM

Very nice, CZ! I wasn't sure that there was a difference.

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 02/14/10 07:54 AM

This is very helpful matterial for me, Honored.

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 02/20/10 12:21 PM

The honor is mine, as it isnt often that I get to help or discuss things with members that I respect as much as yourselves. So I am glad that I could be of some help to you. Good luck to you and your training. And by all means, if there are other topics of discussion bring them forth as the JKD forum has always been my favorite.

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 02/20/10 03:09 PM

I'am trying to organize a club of JunFan/Jeet Kune Do in Lithuania. Man, it's a hard task, but I keep going. I am planning to start in March.
There aren't any of such clubs in Lithuania. At best, people stared at " Tao Of JKD.pdf" and thats it.

I have many books of this art, lot's of video. Burning to learn it all and share with it...

I'll tell to members of my club that without C.Z. Word, some parts of the art wouldn't be as clear as thay are now.

Send me symbols of yourself or photo and I will put it on a wall of my training hall near Lee, Inosanto, Brandon Lee, L.Hartsell and Kimura wink

Re: Fighting Measure and Fighting Range - 02/25/10 07:37 PM

Starting a group is going to be very difficult, but also very rewarding. The biggest thing to remember when training, is that each person has his own abilities, and his own experiences. Because of this the style will adapt and change, so you should be sure not to be too rigid in your instruction. Your JKD will be different than mine, and mine will be different than Matt's or John Kogas even though we all practice the same ideas. And thats a good thing. it keeps you from becoming rigid in your physical approach to the art as well as keeping you mentally agile, able to comprehend and implement new trains of thought and ideas.

As for my picture, there is one here on FA, and many were surprised by my resemblance to Brian S. If I cannot find it here I will post another in a few days, though I dont believe that I should appear so readily to the names you have listed above as its a variable who' who of Kung Fu/JKD. I dont belong next to these men, one day perhaps, with lots of training and even more luck, though I appreciate the honor. Thank you and I will try to get on a little more, I do miss it here, and Im starting to get a little more free time now. Let me know how your group progresses. CZ

Oh yeah just remembered. CoryTutor at Myspace. Its a super old page and it even got hacked at one point but my pic still remains. I havent re edited the work that the hacks did on my profile so try not to pay much attention to the garbage posted.