Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid

Posted by: MattJ

Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/25/07 10:30 AM

The old man getting in some BJJ work -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ZKNlYBCkO0
Posted by: butterfly

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/25/07 01:05 PM

Matt,

If I recall, Danny's a BB under the Machados.
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/26/07 06:30 PM

Hey that was awesome. I am a big fan of Dan Inosanto. Plus he is 70 and moves like he's 30.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/26/07 07:00 PM

Hey! I could move like a 70 year old when I was 30! I must be awesome too.... wait... didn't quite read that right, did I ?

Always makes me feel old when I see guys twice my age that still move better than when I was half my age.

Posted by: Cord

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/28/07 03:48 PM

I think I am right that Dan Inosanto's original training in MA was as a Judoka before he met up with BL, so i guess Gi work and grappling is familiar territory to him. To be that nimble, and that full of willingness to learn and improve after nearly 3/4 of a century on earth is phenomenal. I wont open up the 'what if' hornets nest, but I will say that if BL was still with us, he would be doing very well to be keeping up with his top pupil in 2007.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/29/07 07:29 AM

Now thats a real master! In my eyes though, Inosonato is so much more a Martial Artist the Bruce Lee ever was, or could have been.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/29/07 09:42 AM

Quote:

I think I am right that Dan Inosanto's original training in MA was as a Judoka before he met up with BL,

Good question. Many of the martial artists of his era studied judo to some extent. Dan was black belt in AKK under Ed Parker, as was Larry Hartsell.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 10/29/07 11:38 AM

He's definitely got a who's who for a C.V ain't he? Very impressive!
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 11/02/07 04:27 AM

They don't make people like that anymore.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 11/02/07 05:16 PM

Quote:

I think I am right that Dan Inosanto's original training in MA was as a Judoka before he met up with BL,

From an online biography I found:

" Inosanto gained his first instruction in the martial arts during the summer between his fourth and fifth grades in school. His uncle taught him techniques in jujitsu and Okinawan karate.
"But I never really took an interest in such things until I got to college," he said. Attending Whitworth College in Spokane, Washington, where he got his B.A. degree, Inosanto studied judo and karate."
Posted by: janxspirit

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 03/03/08 11:32 AM

Quote:

Matt,

If I recall, Danny's a BB under the Machados.

The Machados have a great lineage for BJJ. Most people have never heard of them. Chris Hauteur, Matt Thornton, etc. etc.
Posted by: BrianRVanCise

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 03/03/08 04:30 PM

Dan is and always has been an inspiration. I can remember training with him quite often when he came around when I was in my late teens and twenties. Always a good time!
What makes him special is he just keeps going and going!
Posted by: BruceLee94

Re: Dan Inosanto doing BJJ vid - 05/28/08 10:29 AM

Good for Dan, he is just expressing himself, he is very fit for a 70 year old, and i'm sure he'll live a long, healthy life.