Kent Martial Science

Posted by: WuXing

Kent Martial Science - 07/08/06 11:29 PM

I've been living in Boise for about 3.5 months, and I've just discovered that the jeet kune do school down the street from me is the world headquarters of "Kent Martial Science", founded by Chris Kent. I've read that he is one of Dan Inosanto's first students, and well known.

Has anyone else heard of his "Kent Martial Science" method, and if so what do you think of it? I'll probably visit there soon, and see if he's actually teaching here in Boise. I'd imagine he's pretty busy traveling around the world giving seminars, etc. Also, I imagine the membership fees will be pretty high. I've been meaning to see what that place was like for a while now, this just makes me more curious.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Kent Martial Science - 07/09/06 12:40 AM

hope your move went well.

http://www.kentmartialscience.com/
check it out and give us your take!
Posted by: WuXing

Re: Kent Martial Science - 07/09/06 09:25 AM

I've been there already. I was wondering if anyone in Jeet Kune Do had heard of Chris Kent, and if they have any opinons about him (before seeing the website). I can see from the website what the guy thinks of himself...
Ed, I know well the ways of google. That's how I discovered who's school it was. Thank you for posting the site, though, I should've done that I guess.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Kent Martial Science - 07/09/06 10:52 AM

appologies, Jim ...I just added the link for conveinence. I'm interested in what you think of it after you check it out.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Kent Martial Science - 07/09/06 11:45 AM

I don't really know a whole lot about Kent beyond what you already wrote. I have seen some articles of his in Inside Kung Fu magazine years ago. He seems to know what he is talking about, and is certainly worth a look.

Kind of tough to get a sense of what he is doing by the website.

Let us know how it goes.
Posted by: caltrop

Re: Kent Martial Science - 07/22/06 12:41 AM

I've met Chris and I train at his school in Boise. You are dead wrong to assume that just because he has a page on his site that gives his 'resume' that he's an egotist, or whatever. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Chris Kent is a totally laid back guy, and he is the real deal. Just drop by some weeknight after dinner and watch the class and you should get a sense of how cool he is, and you can judge for yourself if he knows his stuff or not.