Finger tip push-ups and 2 finger zen (push-ups)

Posted by: Wosaw

Finger tip push-ups and 2 finger zen (push-ups) - 05/06/06 04:41 PM

The two-finger push-up (zen) is simply doing push-ups on two fingers on both hands, hence the name obviously. Now the other day my friend brought it up and thought it was nearly impossible, and argued with me that I couldn't do it. Well has soon as I did a couple he called it a cheap party trick. Now I tried to defend the finger tip push-ups to him, but unfortunately he is very hard headed. Getting off that little argument though, I was just wondering who else thinks that finger tip push-ups "in general" are just, "a cheap party trick." As in who thinks it’s useless. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion let me defend my reason why I don’t think this skill is
useless.

To start off, finger tip push-ups generally strengthen the fingers altogether. This prevents injury and also strengthening of the hand. Now through finger tip push-ups I have observed a couple of changes in my hand.
Before I started performing finger tip push-ups the only tough part of my hand were only my knuckles. But now, the overall hand is tight and hardened because of the tight muscles that I developed through this training.
Even my punches feel different, and I mean that in a good way.

I think that’s good enough detail for now, I don’t wanna bore ya. Going on though, I'd love to hear some of your opinions on this. Also, if anyone else can perform a 2 finger tip push-up, feel free to put some input on this.
Btw, I dont think it is really essential tool for everyone to know, but it does obviously have its advantages.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: Finger tip push-ups and 2 finger zen (push-ups - 05/06/06 07:12 PM

Never thought about it before, but I just tried it and I sure can't do it! I can do a couple with a finger and the thumb, but that's about it. Kudos to you and your party trick!
Posted by: Wosaw

Re: Finger tip push-ups and 2 finger zen (push-ups - 05/07/06 02:51 PM

lol! But yea lol, 2 finger zen is kinda a party trick, but the real purpose is to show the strength you can gain in your fingers
Posted by: RoninKurosawa

Re: Finger tip push-ups and 2 finger zen (push-ups - 05/07/06 03:05 PM

Finger push ups over a small to large period of time can permently change the fingers, by that i mean make them crooked. I'm not saying finger push ups arn't good for training but they will eventually deform the fingers i think a doctor would agree probably. Just saying to keep that in mind before you start doing them for a long time. Peace be with you.
Posted by: SmithNWessonDo

Re: Finger tip push-ups and 2 finger zen (push-ups - 06/14/06 01:39 PM

Fingertip pushups can be a neato thing to practice to some degree, but take care just as you would with your knees while running, to prevent injury. Personally I prefer to use free weights to strengthen the hands. Just as you can do wrist curls you can also do finger curls. After a while pushups on one finger without the balance of the thumb are possible.