taking steps to make your own martial art.

Posted by: Darkangell

taking steps to make your own martial art. - 11/08/05 10:00 AM

i was wondering if any of u out there managed to make there own completely new concept on how to fight?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: taking steps to make your own martial art. - 11/08/05 10:31 AM

Dude. There hasn't really been anything totally new for quite some time. The human body hasn't really changed much - there are only so many ways to strike and manipulate it. Just train and don't worry about being "new" or "innovative".
Posted by: BrianS

Re: taking steps to make your own martial art. - 11/08/05 05:46 PM

Actually Matt,there is a whole new way of fighting not yet used. I used it the other day when faced with road rage. Some idiot cut me off on the highway,then later the flow of traffic passed him and he tried to cut me off again. I sped up so he couldn't.He then got right on my bumper and began honking and flashing his lights. I changed lanes so he came up beside me,rolled down the passenger side window and began yelling !@#%%^$@%^*((*&^%$$##!!!!! I rolled down my window,took off my hat and glasses and gave him a crazy bugeyed look. It looks pretty weird to see a bald bugeyed guy with no eyebrows!! He quit talking,rolled up his window and left. He must thought I was a nahtzee,retarded,skinhead,weordo freak!!!!
"Go on boy!!!! I'm INSANE!!!!!"

Here's my serious answer to the question.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: taking steps to make your own martial art. - 11/08/05 09:39 PM

No one has considered the art of fighting without fighting. Or how about fighting with words [or insert other unorthodox anatomical parts heretofore unconsidered as appropriate arsenals]....

Well, it's not a new concept as such but you could be the first to incorporate it in a system of fighting.

Good luck....
Posted by: BrianS

Re: taking steps to make your own martial art. - 11/08/05 10:34 PM

Quote:

No one has considered the art of fighting without fighting. Or how about fighting with words [or insert other unorthodox anatomical parts heretofore unconsidered as appropriate arsenals]....

Well, it's not a new concept as such but you could be the first to incorporate it in a system of fighting.

Good luck....

Yes! I will call it "The art of avoiding fighting by looking like a friggin maniac!"

I don't know if the guy was freaked out or just felt sorry for me.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: taking steps to make your own martial art. - 11/08/05 11:23 PM

Dude, that would be the art of self defense by pleading non compos mentis....

Probably both...

Maybe you just scared the living sh!t out of him... "cr@p, better not mess with this psycho...."

Posted by: mike_p

Re: taking steps to make your own martial art. - 11/17/05 06:11 PM

Anyone who wants a detailed look at Bruce Lee's development should look for the book "Bruce Lee Between Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do" by his first student and assistant teacher, Jesse Glover. It contains insights and history that I have never seen elsewhere, corrects some misconceptions, and clearly explains the development of his unique approach to martial arts.