???Jun Fan???

Posted by: Anonymous

???Jun Fan??? - 03/05/05 08:57 PM

What is the diffirence, if any, between Jun Fan and Jeet Kune Do? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG]

Re: ???Jun Fan??? - 03/05/05 10:22 PM

Methinks Jun Fan is the dude's name...that and it was just another 'style' of Gong Fu.
That's what the dude taught before developing JKD, the fight he had using Jun Fan Gong Fu took too long, so he had some heavy, like REALLY HEAVY thinking going on.

It must've really been THAT heavy, to not create, but descover that kind of fighting, Bruce was a genius. I think he even got a PhD, which would explain alot.

Oh, hold up a sec, I though it tool like 8 years to get a Philosohpy Doctorate.

Re: ???Jun Fan??? - 03/06/05 01:21 PM

Bruce was reportedly kicked out of University of Washington after two years, or he just left it involuntarily. He was a poor student according to his teacher.

That definitely doesnīt mean he didnīt have vast knowledge in philosophy, he just wasn't motivated in the methodology of western philosophy. He was driven by making martial arts better and more holistic, not in pursuing academic career.

As for the actual question, I think that a plethora of people force themselves to think that Bruce Lee invented another style with JKD, in a way or another. I think his mission was to free people from the conditioning in general from fixed sets of ideas, reactions and cultural misconceptions. He had a message, yet in with tough context to understand.

Krishnamurti got quite a few gifts from Lee's merchandise by Joe Lewis, as both were great fans of his thinking about life and thinking.

Re: ???Jun Fan??? - 03/06/05 03:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neonomide:
Bruce was reportedly kicked out of University of Washington after two years, or he just left it involuntarily. He was a poor student according to his teacher.

That definitely doesnīt mean he didnīt have vast knowledge in philosophy, he just wasn't motivated in the methodology of western philosophy. He was driven by making martial arts better and more holistic, not in pursuing academic career.
[/QUOTE]

I thought he did graduate, where did you get your info?

Re: ???Jun Fan??? - 03/24/05 05:56 PM

I see, his name was Lee Jun Fan.