CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING

Posted by: Anonymous

CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/06/05 10:23 AM

lets say some1 has been training in a surton Martial Arts routine for about a year and they want to start training in another routine wot should they do should they stop training in there old routine all together and just train in the new routine. i would be thank full if use can help me with this problem thank u for ur time.

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/06/05 12:15 PM

what kind of routine are you talking about? more info

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/06/05 12:26 PM

it was obvious wasnt it ok lets say im training in a kickboxing type of thing for about a year and a half and i wanna go into wing chun do i just stop training in kickboxing or do i still train in it?

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/06/05 04:45 PM

If by "routine" you mean "kata/poomse/form", forget all "routines".

If you're trying to decide which style to take, probably stay with the KB.

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/07/05 01:02 AM

no it wasn't obvious! routine could be any thing, you could be walking your dog.

what do you want out of martial arts is the first question you should ask yourself. do you want to be an awsome kicker, puncher, grappler
you go from there

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/08/05 08:03 AM

well i wanna be the best and no im not talkin about kata like i said say ive been doin kickboxing for a year and a half and i go into wing chun should i still train in kickboxing or should i stop training in kickboxing and just train in wing chun but if i do that i wont have my kickboxing skills after a few years will i? i still want my kickboxing skills.

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/11/05 01:15 PM

you will never be the best you can be better there is allways someone better its just fact, but yeah if you stop kickboxing all together you will eventually loose you kickboxing skills it allso depends on how good you are and how good is your trainer, and doing it for only a year your still just a beginner, your techniques would be average, i'd stick with kickboxing and take out of wing chung whats effective and incorparate it in your kickboxing training, are you bored with kickboxing?

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/14/05 08:24 PM

Want to be the best? OK...Some things to ask yourself:

1. How many times a week do you train?

2. How long is your training training regimen for when you train (i.e. I train X number of hours per day).

3.Do you want to have a social life?

4.Are you prepared to sacrifice for your goal?

These questions are some of the starting points for where you can go in your art.

If you are doing kickboxing and you want to progress into Wing Chun," then make sure you have a good base first. You don't want to go into a martial art (especially from something as freeform as kickboxing into something HYPER-structured as Wing Chun)without having an excellent grasp of the fundementals first.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Walt
Posted by: Dfox

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/16/05 03:28 PM

I could be wrong but I think you should take both not all of wing chun's punches/kicks are that great same with kick boxing your going to need to find a way to combine both in a way that works for you depending on what your using it for street fighting or sports Both of these arts have rules like kick with shins only bla bla bla
but in a real fight you might want to kick with your toe to his knee cap use some jabs and some hooks wing chun does not like hooks but i think there is a time and place for everything. =) sorry for the poor english

Re: CAN SOME1 HELP ME WITH THIS MARTIAL ARTS PROBLEM IM HAVING - 02/16/05 03:44 PM

Dfox i was thinking the same thing about keeping them both just put wot works innit. ur english aint bad i can tell ur a clever martial artist wot r u training in and how long have u been training for?