FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE

Posted by: Chen Zen

FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE - 01/13/05 11:53 PM

I understand that this is the Jeet Kune Do forum and that Bruce Lee was th founder of Jeet Kune Do. I also understand that some people take it upon themselves to scrutinize every single detail of a dead mans legendary life. Thats fine too. However, these speculative posts about Who Bruce would or wouldnt beat down, or questions about his abilities and things really dont belong here.

First of all, his abilities are questionable. He had no Professional fights. No one here ever worked directly with Bruce. So we have no concrete evidence for his abilities.

With that being said these threads become little more than flame wars that get tolerated because they have a MA tone to them.

I dont care for it. Im not going to have it. Unless you have concrete proof, dont put it. Legit posts and questions will be left intact. Once it gets out of hand, its gone.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE - 01/14/05 12:36 PM

I fink dis is unfair.

Bruce Lee was/is my hero. He was so much better than ne1 incl. my mom and dad.

I want to go live in a monastry so I can be lik him.

I fink hes de greatest ever lived.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE - 01/14/05 12:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chen Zen:
I understand that this is the Jeet Kune Do forum and that Bruce Lee was th founder of Jeet Kune Do. I also understand that some people take it upon themselves to scrutinize every single detail of a dead mans legendary life. Thats fine too. However, these speculative posts about Who Bruce would or wouldnt beat down, or questions about his abilities and things really dont belong here.

First of all, his abilities are questionable. He had no Professional fights. No one here ever worked directly with Bruce. So we have no concrete evidence for his abilities.

With that being said these threads become little more than flame wars that get tolerated because they have a MA tone to them.

I dont care for it. Im not going to have it. Unless you have concrete proof, dont put it. Legit posts and questions will be left intact. Once it gets out of hand, its gone.
[/QUOTE]

Yo have seen the documentary of the lectures Bruce did like the sparring and the punch demonstrations? A fist that moves that fast is damaging and useful no matter how you look at it.

Re: FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE - 01/15/05 02:46 AM

Thats all and fine. Bruce also said that JKD is about the self and no one way is the way. With that said, Bruce isnt the idea behind JKD, the self is. Simple conversation about his thoughts or techniques is one thing. I will let these types of discussions continue but debating whether or not he could defeat one person or another, or whether he was the best ever is a matter not worth discussing as there will never be one decisive answer and because it insights disrespect. Something I will not have on my forum.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE - 01/17/05 12:50 PM

ok maybee he didn't have any tornament fights, but remember at the time there was only point fighting, no full contact fighting, he did not belive in that he thought it was a joke,not being able to hit your oponent anywhere with contact. what about the street fights he's had, in hong kong when he was younger, and all the other confrontations on the sets of the big boss and enter the dragon where some people douted his ability? but then again just because your the world boxing champion of the world could you survive in the ufc? or if your a ufc champion could you survive in the boxing ring against a boxing chamion. both have rules to suit each contest, who knows how bruce would have gone, would he be a champion? but i belive he has changed the lives of many people, and still changing peoples lives. i think he was a great man. i think he's a champion in a diffrent way........
Posted by: JohnL

Re: FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE - 01/17/05 12:55 PM

Hey ChenZ

I'm presuming the above post is what you were trying to avoid.

Good Luck [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

JohnL

Re: FAO EVERYONE: POSTS ABOUT BRUCE LEE - 01/17/05 04:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnL:
Hey ChenZ

I'm presuming the above post is what you were trying to avoid.

Good Luck [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
[/QUOTE]

You would persume correctly.

Before any of you post on how great he was in the ring or on the street ask yourself one thing first: Was I there? Do I know for fact or did I just hear this on some site or from some fan?

having a discussion on Bruce's abil;ities is like having a discussion on whether God truly exists. People believe what they will and wont be swayed one way or the other. Therefore discussion is pointless. The mans dead and gone. Let him rest.