Varma Kalai

Posted by: Anonymous

Varma Kalai - 01/07/05 12:54 AM

Hi Folks,
You guys talk about almost all martial arts but there is one form of Martial Arts in Kerala, India and that is called Kalari. Once you attend the highest level of skills and if the master finds you are the right person, he then teaches you a skill (a deadly skill) called the Varma kalai.
It deals with Human nervers and teaches how to bring a person to an unconsious state with just hitting the appropriate nerve in the person's body with just a finger.It is so deadly that it can even be used to kill a human.Its also used to cure nervous ailments and so on.
So guys, I personally feel you have to learn this type of skill after specializing in any form of martial Art and if you really think you are the right person not to misuse it.
With this type of skill aquired, you can challenge any brawler or any macho man for that matter.
What do ya guys say ???
Regards,
Mouli

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/07/05 06:17 PM

Hi Mouli,

There are plenty of systems that teach this kind of thing. George Dillman is one such guy here in the states. Unfortunately, it isn't real...at least not against a resisting person.

Plenty of martial cults are in to getting people to believe this stuff works. www.yellowbamboo.com is another group over in your neck of the woods in India, I think. They claim "no touch" knock outs. Don't waste your time on this bull.

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/08/05 11:28 AM

ok it might have the deadliest technique, but will you ever use those techniques. my freind it all depeneds on your adrenal rush and how you control yourself.each situation is diffrent you might be at the bar having a drink you start to have a quarrel with a drunk man or he might not be drunk then his freind sees it and maybee thinks you started his mate, then comes up behind you and smashes you in the head with his glass which you don't see because you are focused on your verbal argument.in that stuation its to late to apply some hit to the nerve in the person's body. you might even miss due to your adrenal rush........ i can go on with heaps of diffrent scenarios, stick to the basics is what i say

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/10/05 02:22 AM

Hi Pals,
What you all guys say is absolutely OK. Uncertainities cannot be be avoided.Thats fine.
What if you face a person who seems to be like a giant infront of you and is going to take you on and you cannot do anything but to use it(extreme extreme situations).
Thats why I said it s only taught to mentally strong people who will never misuse it.
This wont' be taught in the beginning but when you master all the stuff.

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/10/05 12:50 PM

your still kiding yourself i'd 100% garintee those pokes to the body will not work. mate if a giant came rushing at you your adrenal rush would kick in and you won't have time to think oh i might poke him here or i might poke him there,what if you slip over or has a gun,peper spray. your body kicks into basic mode in an adrenal rush its a froven fact. have you seen it happen somone applying those killer mover on someone. i don't think so. unless its in the movies. you have to think realisticly my freind.

i'll tell you a story whaqt hapend to me. this is before i did any other tainig but tea kwon do. cut the story short. i was at a set of light waiting to turn just after a big night out everyone rushing to get a cab. this guy just opend my door and jumped in i was telling him to get out car were beeping so i had to go. i droped him at his destination he sliped me 5 bucks. i got home a mobile rang in my car i thought it was mine but this man left it in my car. i answerd it it was him he said if i get the phone to him he will give me 50 bucks. i said yeah ok.

i got to the place where he was staying as he came to my car he pulled out this big knife i jumped back, my adrenalin what pumping never had a knife pulled on me before. this guy he was allot bigger than me too. i forgot every thing i ever learn about defending my self against a knife attack all i thought of was stepp right back with my hands up. now he didn't attack me he just wanted to make shore i wasn't a mug he put the knife away gave me 50 bucks i gave him the phone i then drove off i was still shaky.

so you see what i'm trying to say.

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/11/05 01:14 AM

My dear friend FCFS,
I agree with you 100%. Even I would have done the same as you did. BUt what if you are cornered and you have no way out and your normal MA stuff dont work against these very strong people. That is what I'm talking about. you'll for sure try to use it. Ofcourse for using it you really have to master it 'coz no way you can take chances.
Its the basic instinct for any living creature in the world.
Try chasing a cat...it will run. You corner it or close the room(no way out) and then chase it. I'm sure thats not a good idea.
Thats what if you have no way I mean no way but to take him on.
This stuff is no real joke. I have seen people doing this stuff with my naked eyes. So believe it.

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/11/05 12:59 PM

here is an iteresting read for you in what i'm triing to say my friend.

The "Secret Pressure" Points

Often you hear of how a person, trained in some mysterious
art can knock a man out with just the touch of a finger
in some very special (secretive) place in some very special
way.

You may have read about certain "nerve cavity" strikes that
can render someone all but helpless with very little effort.

While, in fact, I have been to training seminars and have had
pressure point experts visit my dojo, the techniques when
applied correctly really do hurt (a lot). Some of them can
bring a man unconscious very quickly.

The question becomes can the average person really make this
work under the heavy stress conditions of a real attack.

The fact remains that the adrenal rush is real and it happens
to all of us (with varying degrees of intensity and effects).

After having run many adrenal stress response programs and
taking part directly in many of these not only as an instructor,

but as student as well, I believe that:

1. You cannot "learn" to stop the adrenal response.
It is automatic, reflexive and natural.

2. You can learn to adjust to it and get use to it,
even welcome it to increase your power and attitude.

3. It has been proven over the years that the more
exposures you get to the adrenal dump, while trying to defend
yourself, the better you become at defending yourself

while "adrenalized".

I believe the problem with systems like Dim Mak
(or any other pressure point fighting system for that matter)
is that:

1. They leave too many variables. People are effected very
differently. Some respond strongly and quickly and others,

well barely at all. I believe in self defense you need to
depend on something that will give you a very high
'probability" to work.

2. The concept of striking several "points" to work the
full effect is unrealistic in a real world self defense or fighting
situation. It's fine for a cooperative training partner but

what about someone who is adrenalized themselves, is moving,
and is attacking you as well.

For those unfamiliar with these systems, sometimes to make
a pressure really work you need to hit two three or more
precise targets to get the full effect.

3. It is doubtful whether most could pull off the accuracy
needed to hit precise targets while under duress. Remember
fine motor coordination is one of the first things to go.

4. It is also doubtful as to whether most could even recall
the many pressure points and striking targets that are required

type of attack presented. We lose too much cognitive

thinking to do this effectively.

So in conclusion, I believe that pressure point systems work
great under controlled training conditions (I can vouch for
that!) but can they be applied effectively in real self defense?

Yes, it is certainly possible that a master of these techniques
may be able to make this work in real life, but how about the
average person? I seriously doubt it!

you see even this artical says a master may be able to make this work he may not he might miss theres allways that what if?

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/12/05 02:31 AM

Hey friend,
I was not talking about the average person. You really have to master it, master in the sense you have to get 100% right. A real master can do it. However he has to have years of experiance under his belt. Otherwise its impossible.
I too agree it would fail 100% for an average person. ANd as you said there is always the mind which plays a maor role.
But anyways you have to put in a lot effort and practice for a thing which may seldom happen.
By the way my friend, what are you training on?
Regards,
Mouli

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/12/05 02:57 AM

Hey friend,
I was not talking about the average person. You really have to master it, master in the sense you have to get 100% right. A real master can do it. However he has to have years of experiance under his belt. Otherwise its impossible.
I too agree it would fail 100% for an average person. ANd as you said there is always the mind which plays a maor role.
But anyways you have to put in a lot effort and practice for a thing which may seldom happen.
By the way my friend, what are you training on?
Regards,
Mouli

Re: Varma Kalai - 01/12/05 01:32 PM

my club is called freestyle combat fighting system, what i teach is stand up fighting ground fighting. want i teach is the speed and technique of teakwondo kicking with the aggression of kick boxing and the skills of boxing with some ground fighting thrown in. i teach to tools then its up to the individual to then develop there own way of fighting.