Favorite multi form combinations

Posted by: Chen Zen

Favorite multi form combinations - 11/26/04 12:09 PM

What I am reffering to is how JKD can be used to go from boxing to WC to Muay Thai and so on.

One of my Favorites is rear low roundhouse to lead straight to uppercut, uppercut, rear palm thrust, front kick.

I also like Jab, finger thrust, jab, hook, hook uppercut, straight blast.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Favorite multi form combinations - 11/27/04 10:43 PM

In a one on one confrontation, I prefer anything which sets up a chokehold. If the attacker is advancing from the front, I like to just lift the nearest leg to his as he steps into range. The leg swinging up is usually below his line of sight as his intentions on attacking have him focused usually at my face. Walking into my stiffened leg halts his forward progress long enough to short circuit him and allow me to agressively counter attack. I have successfully used this tactic once in an encounter, ending it with a right cross to my attackers jaw, k.o.ing him. I have successfully demonstrated it a number of times to various individuals asking for self-defense advise but not always following the leg technique with a punch. In the instance of pure self-defense it just seemed the best thing to do at that moment. I also like to parry off of grabs, or grab attempts, spin the attacker around and apply chokes.

Re: Favorite multi form combinations - 11/28/04 12:45 PM

I hit whatever openings I see with whatever technique is closest at a broken rythym, and use each to set up the next and so on. Usually while sidesteping and counter attacking. My goal usually is to strike as many times as possible before I get into grappling range and finish it. I don't really set myself into any pattern. Good fighters get wise to your combos.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Favorite multi form combinations - 11/28/04 08:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SifuSkyler:
Good fighters get wise to your combos. [/QUOTE]

Not if the combo works.

Re: Favorite multi form combinations - 11/29/04 12:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chen Zen:
Not if the combo works... [/QUOTE]

...The first time. If not the combination may be spent. Things get too hairy and I usually break into the clench with an hard elbow and go for a takedown. Stops most combos dead.
Posted by: Petjut84

Re: Favorite multi form combinations - 05/18/05 06:25 PM

one technique my system has thats pretty cool is whats called a ladder. Its like "spiking" or destructions gone mad. Someone has a guard out like a boxing guard or really strong looking closed fist karate guard. YOu do a heavy wrecking ball type backfist to the back of their hand, middle of the forearm, bicep, base of shoulder, indention under ear, then you circle one arm around them for a choke and the natural reaction is to grab it so you switch arms. ALl those strikes are in rapid succession and about 4 or 5 can be done in a second or less. Then your arm is absolutely unusable.
Posted by: etaks86

Re: Favorite multi form combinations - 05/21/05 11:05 PM

multi form combinations, i guess i never thought of it in that since before, i just practice and let my instincts guide my hands and feet, so i don't really pay much mind to what move from a form i'm useing at the moment. but i guess if i thought about everything i did in a fight/sparring then it would go from moves in one form then change to other moves from other forms but i don't really think of it like that. what i mean is is that if i spar/fight than i'm not really thinking of what it is that i am doing. i just let happen whatever it may be no matter if it's good for me or bad. but if i was to think about the forms that i use in a fight then i guess i use a mix of wing chun, boxing, and jkd but i take what works for me and forget what does not. i also sometimes practice a few joint locking like moves. anyway peace
Posted by: Rumble

Re: Favorite multi form combinations - 05/22/05 01:01 AM

Like Bruce Lee says dont think feeeel or you will lose all the heavenly glory lol.