Erm...

Posted by: Anonymous

Erm... - 10/03/04 10:14 PM

Hi, im new to these boards.

But, why is there a section on JKD and not Kung-Fu in general?

JKD is more of a philosophy than a style anyway (ok, i probably pissed off a few here).

Find it silleh!

Re: Erm... - 10/04/04 11:54 AM

I agree. In my opinion JKD is better understood as philosophy not art. That way JKD can be represented in all arts and be bound by none. Styles have limitations so, according to Bruce Lee JKD can be no style.

JB www.aikia.net

Re: Erm... - 10/04/04 04:33 PM

Omg, never thought of JKD as being a philosophy used in other arts than kung-fu...omg o.O
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Erm... - 10/04/04 04:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aikia:
I agree. In my opinion JKD is better understood as philosophy not art. That way JKD can be represented in all arts and be bound by none. Styles have limitations so, according to Bruce Lee JKD can be no style.

JB www.aikia.net
[/QUOTE]

Another point by Doc. Beasley that I completely (once again) agree with.

-John
Posted by: John_C

Re: Erm... - 10/04/04 05:06 PM

Mente, there's a site suggestions forum if you feel that there's a need for a kung fu forum.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Erm... - 10/04/04 10:56 PM

There is one because I asked for one. When I asked I had been a well respected member here for some time. Something that I still proudly am. And regardless of what Bruce wanted, JKD evolved from simple philosophy to nearly a science. Bruce was JKD biggest downfall. Its methods are questioned because of his stardom but the methods that were once questioned are now clung to feverishly because of his "Legend". Had he been some average eight dollar an hour blue collar guy no one would have cared.