Karate Uniforms

Posted by: SNieves

Karate Uniforms - 01/31/08 09:21 AM

I used to order medium weight 8oz from an online source. To avoid Internet spankage I won't name the supplier. The source has since been a pain to deal with. They have lately had difficulting getting the right item to me, left items out of an order (even though it's listed on the invoice) and they have been running out of stock on a regular basis. Does anyone know a good, dependable wholesaler that offers medium weight uniforms for a decent price (sub $25)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hasta.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Karate Uniforms - 01/31/08 10:39 AM

Good sub $25 uniforms? Oxymoron.

AWMA or Century come to mind. Century Ironman karate gi is very good, but nowhere near $25.

You might try Fuji, not sure if they make karate gi's or not. Their judo gi's run about $30, and seem to be decent.
Posted by: SNieves

Re: Karate Uniforms - 01/31/08 10:46 AM

Thanks for the response.

I did find a website (*that has really*) good prices for their medium weights.

The medium weights we purchased from our current wholesaler are indeed sub $25.00 at a wholesale level. They were very good quality. Not tokkaido-quality level or the like, but good for the price and better than those cheapie 6oz things McDojos have.

(*Edit-I didn't realize FightingArts.com sells their own uniforms until saw the link a few minutes ago. I don't want to be accused of advertising without compensation on your site so I am editing this post. If you would prefer I didn't discuss this topic here, please feel free to delete this thread.

Apologies for any trouble.*)

Hasta
Posted by: ChrisE

Re: Karate Uniforms - 05/29/08 07:07 PM

Whilst your intention may be noble, I am afraid linking to a site from which you seek to profit from via raising awareness on here is advertising, and against forum rules.
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: Karate Uniforms - 07/19/08 02:56 AM

You will pay for quality - no if's, and's or but's.

I've been dealing with Shureido for several years and their medium-wt. house brand, "REI", is a very good student quality GI. You may not see it on the Shureido website ( www.shureidousa.com ) but call the owner (Eric) & ask. He's a real good guy who bends over backwards for his customers.

Good Luck.