Help wanted: Martial Art Instructor

Posted by: Ed_Morris

Help wanted: Martial Art Instructor - 08/31/07 12:20 AM

I've been seeing these Ads more and more recently, and thought the concept is sortof funny.
(I 'X'd out specifics, but these are actual ads)

Quote:

Karate Instructor - Female or Male!

Want to be part of a fun team?

We have a Position available for a Children's Karate Teacher-Female or Male!

XXX Karate & Judo Academy, one of the top 200 Martial Arts Schools in North America, is seeking a high-energy, enthusiastic karate teacher for our main location in North xxx location. (xxx locations currently being considered)

Applicants must have experience teaching children and be a certified black belt (currently training) in any hard style of martial arts (Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do, Kenpo, any, etc...). Male or Female please apply!

Part time teaching position available Mon.-Fri. 3:15-7:40pm, and/or weekends 9am-2pm

Send resume and cover letter to request an interview:
Salary/Wage: Varies depending on Experience

ANY previous experience/style? so...the what they teach depends on who answers the ads? despite the name of the place having 'Karate & Judo' in it's title? yikes.
Posted by: BulldogTKD

Re: Help wanted: Martial Art Instructor - 08/31/07 08:49 AM

The ad is not to far out there. I work full time and my wife teaches with me at out Dojang. I my work keeps me away to many days and our school grows I will need to hire some help or the quality of instruction will suffer. If I advertise for help my add will be different but as long as the potential instructor could demonstrate there abilities and qualifications. Of coarse they will have to teach our material and be proficient in what they teach.

Either advertise or close my new school. I will advertise!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Help wanted: Martial Art Instructor - 08/31/07 10:56 AM

While I see what you mean Ed, I also think it depends on the age group of the kids in question. Tiny Tigers, etc, can learn punches and kicks from pretty much any style. The training will get more specific as they progress through the ranks.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Help wanted: Martial Art Instructor - 08/31/07 11:51 AM

sorry. don't see it. 'karate and judo' means the instructors have experience in either or both of those arts.

kindof like advertising spring water but filling the bottles with tap.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Help wanted: Martial Art Instructor - 08/31/07 12:53 PM

I saw ads like these posted one time and found out that the school was basically looking to add any kind of instruction for certain time frames. So, they had a Kickboxing instructor who taught that, a BJJ guy, a Goju guy, a Shotokan guy, a TKD guy, etc. All had different schedules and were paid hourly rates. So, parents could sign their kids up for whatever classes they wanted, pay the school, and the school paid the instructors. Kinda like aerobic classes at a gym.

Don't like it, but it's an option.