a cerebellum increase

Posted by: the_jonn

a cerebellum increase - 10/09/06 02:07 AM

ok I practice this every few days with a freind of mine he used to do aikido he was a 4th dan black belt. "not a private instructor"!! I know that if you practice every day and gain more knowledge everyday by punching and blocking you can hit faster and block harder and faster. because what you are doing is increasing a nerve at the back of the brain and its called a cerebellum and what happens is by closing your eyes and standing on one leg and jumping increases a cerebellum which helps balance practice if you can with a partner by blocking and punching and try and get the feel of the touch of the hands and trying not to get the hands to touch the body and as you go along it gets easier and easier because of that level of cerebellum in the back of the brain and you can accomplish harder levels its better than just sitting there and not practising at all. alot of teahces in america and australia specially where I come from they dont teach you this at all. and thats a worry.... but the cerebellum is increased only by knowledge and plenty of training up to higher levels.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: a cerebellum increase - 10/09/06 04:31 AM

Wow, I think my cerebellum levelled up just trying to read that.
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: a cerebellum increase - 10/09/06 06:52 AM

Cerebellum: The portion of the brain in the back of the head between the cerebrum and the brain stem. It is responsible for the coordination of movement and balance.

So what you're saying is that practising regularly increases the persistence of synaptic pathways governing bodily motion and, therefore, improves performance?
Posted by: JKogas

Re: a cerebellum increase - 10/09/06 07:38 AM

the_jonn wrote
Quote:

and what happens is by closing your eyes and standing on one leg and jumping increases a cerebellum which helps balance practice if you can with a partner by blocking and punching and try and get the feel of the touch of the hands and trying not to get the hands to touch the body and as you go along it gets easier and easier because of that level of cerebellum in the back of the brain and you can accomplish harder levels its better than just sitting there and not practising at all. alot of teahces in america and australia specially where I come from they dont teach you this at all. and thats a worry.... but the cerebellum is increased only by knowledge and plenty of training up to higher levels.

It might be easier if, you just relight the pipe! That would increase the level of your cerebellum (read, it would "get you high").

-John
Posted by: the_jonn

Re: a cerebellum increase - 10/09/06 09:35 PM

in the brain there are many many machnesiums the biggest one is the cerebellum. and that works by exercising it and making it stronger so that you can react faster to any situations. get it??
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: a cerebellum increase - 10/09/06 09:40 PM

That sounds like it may work in theory. I believe if you're going to hop on one leg with your eyes closed, your cerebellum will only help you get better at hopping on one leg with your eyes closed. Same goes for punching, but I doubt having your eyes closed will significantly help.

I could be wrong, but blah.
Posted by: srv

Re: a cerebellum increase - 11/09/06 07:54 PM

I know this thread was a while ago, but clearly you have no knowledge about neuroanatomy and neurophysiology.
The cerebellum is part of the brain (not a nerve as such) and one of it's functions is related to balance and co-ordination. Quite simply - just like with anything, the more you practice, the better you get - so if you regularly work on your balance and co-ordination - you will get better at it. Just like if you punch a lot you get better at that, or if you do maths a lot you get better at it.
It's not secret magic training - it's just like anything - "practice makes perfect"
Posted by: eyrie

Re: a cerebellum increase - 11/09/06 09:40 PM

That's assuming of course that cerebellum function hasn't been damaged or impaired...

the_johnn, remember, it's "puff, puff, pass"....
Posted by: srv

Re: a cerebellum increase - 11/09/06 10:14 PM

You're right - I was assuming adequete neural function to begin with!