Parents need HELP?!?!

Posted by: Ronin1966

Parents need HELP?!?! - 09/30/06 01:18 PM

Hello:

We are looking for websites QUICKLY which have the basic issue "...My child wants to take martial arts... we know nothing... but want to know some things to consider before we start looking..." already written out.

NOT seeking websites which are pushing their particular school. Truly looking for the issues and a basic idea of various styles a parent might encounter...

HELP!!!!!!!

The sites once used have closed, or been altered sufficently I cannot in good faith suggest them.

Help please...
Jeff
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Parents need HELP?!?! - 09/30/06 03:11 PM

If they can't find what they are looking for here on our site, I don't know what else to say. Can you be more specific what you/they are looking for?
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Parents need HELP?!?! - 09/30/06 05:11 PM

Might I humbly suggest a piece of writing I did a while back:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15770259/an/0/page/0#15770259

I hate being so forthright about it.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Parents need HELP?!?! - 09/30/06 07:49 PM

No need to be humble, Leo. That is an excellent piece you did, and was what I had in mind when I wrote my previous post.

Re: Parents need HELP?!?! - 09/30/06 11:28 PM

Hello MattJ:

Essentially we're seeking websites that are well presented "Parents Guides to Martial Arts... things to consider"

Hoping to draw from other members cyber travels to locate same in a very short time frame. Sites used previously are either now dead or radically slanted. Seeking the ~educational~ sites...

FA is clearly on the list, others specific to this issue come to mind???

J
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Parents need HELP?!?! - 10/01/06 12:22 PM

The only good ones I know are already written down as links in my post.

Re: Parents need HELP?!?! - 10/01/06 01:31 PM

Hello Leo:

I like/liked the about.com links but the obscene amount of commercial stuff on their pages makes me queasy... its too confused... I felt. And some of the similar topics were not well done.

The About the Family link in the spirituality section is ~odd~ to be polite. If they had erased the biblical quotation portion it would be exactly what I'm after... with it... difficult/impossible to recommend.

Hopefully a few others might think of one or two other site while time allows.

Again thank you...
J