Your most inspiring student

Posted by: srv

Your most inspiring student - 11/24/05 12:12 AM

To the instructors out there. I've read a lot of posts about the worst students ever, difficult kids as students etc So I was wondering, on a different note - to the instructors - over your years of teaching is there any one student who stands out as somebody you remember as particularly inspiring to teach. Someone who's motivation and dedication was above and beyond the call of duty so to speak. If so, lets share those stories. I'd love to hear about people like that in your respective dojos.
Posted by: Tolyn1007

Re: Your most inspiring student - 11/24/05 02:03 PM

I have one kid who never fails to impress me with both his work ethic during training and his attention to detail. He comes in motivated and pushes himself harder then any other student. I have another one of my students that isn't the best. He's naturally strong but not in good shape, nonetheless, he attends class more than anyone else and even if his best effort isn't were I would like to see it, he gives 100% every time. That impresses me too.
Posted by: SantosSilva

Re: Your most inspiring student - 11/29/05 12:34 PM

I have been assisting my Sensei in childrens and adult classes for about a year and a half, and we have a student that I didn't realize had cancer in his legs. He has been undergoing treatment for years and even missed almost and entire year of school because of complications. He started with us about a year ago and his attendence has been sporadic but whenever he was in class he had some of the highest kicks and best forms and stances in class. When I realized what he was going through I almost cried, and it made me feel blessed with all that I have in life. He is definitely an inspiration to me and his classmates.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan