Movies inspired & more

Posted by: aatfightingarts

Movies inspired & more - 08/04/05 07:18 PM

Hi everyone ,
in my teenage period , when I get interested in martial arts - not professional ( was no trainer around )
My motivation and some training skills was given by Chinese kung fu and shaolin movies ,...
Where I saw that they was training - seriously - respectfully to the arts and partners,...
and OUTDOORS ,... in every season ,...
So now I tend to do the same ( seeing in gym's the lack of fresh - natural air and many times lack of seriousity - high costs - etc )
Steven Sagal expressed many time the issue - that too many are just "Masters" ,... and too many do not train for the love of martial arts and willingness to give - they do it for personal profit ,...
I am really interested if someone train Outdoors keeping up a serious routine ? and / or saw the same problem into the dojos
Adam
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Movies inspired & more - 08/04/05 10:25 PM

I've always trained outdoors. I like it,but I'm looking forward to having a dojo. The students drop out like flies when it's too hot or cold. We've trained in snow,rain,extreme heat,you name it. There is no a/c or padded floors,but that will change for us in a while.
Training outdoors doesn't make you tougher or better,but it gives you a new perspective.
I don't see any problems with indoor dojo training though.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Movies inspired & more - 08/05/05 02:47 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone ,
in my teenage period , when I get interested in martial arts - not professional ( was no trainer around )
My motivation and some training skills was given by Chinese kung fu and shaolin movies ,...
Where I saw that they was training - seriously - respectfully to the arts and partners,...
and OUTDOORS ,... in every season ,...
So now I tend to do the same ( seeing in gym's the lack of fresh - natural air and many times lack of seriousity - high costs - etc )
Steven Sagal expressed many time the issue - that too many are just "Masters" ,... and too many do not train for the love of martial arts and willingness to give - they do it for personal profit ,...
I am really interested if someone train Outdoors keeping up a serious routine ? and / or saw the same problem into the dojos
Adam

I assume you DO have a qualified instructor though? Or are you self taught?