the best place

Posted by: black_scorpio

the best place - 07/30/05 07:29 PM

I am planning to take ninjutsu for a year or more but i want to find a place that i could do that its full time and basically live there and train everyday. I am just trying to find out where is the best place to do that
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: the best place - 07/31/05 06:20 AM

Well don't look to the Bujinkan for full time training. Hatsumi himself said that he wants his students to have a life outside martial arts. He apparently believes that a full time martial artist's life is out of balance (too yang or something). Most Ninjutsuka have jobs and lives outside of the martial arts, unlike some Kung Fu practitioners and other martial artists.

Maybe look at the Genbukan for an alternative.

Make sure you don't end up in a fake Ninjutsu school, there are SO MANY of them around.
Posted by: paradoxbox

Re: the best place - 08/25/05 08:07 AM

Old post, but,

Manaka san of the Jinenkan dojo was planning some time ago to begin an uchideshi program. So you may want to research that. However do not bother him with mild curiousity as you will destroy your own chances by doing so.

I would recommend you thoroughly research Bujinkan, Genbukam, Jinenkan and each of the ryuu that they teach within the organizations. Not technique collecting, but you need to find out what ninpo actually is before you decide to commit to something like that. From your post it sounds more like you're mildly curious rather than making an informed decision.

It's very likely your idea of ninpo is nothing like what the 3 organizations teach.