Shin Conditioning

Posted by: SQRcrosx

Shin Conditioning - 07/08/05 03:07 AM

I wanted to learn about more shin conditioning but..will kicking a tree with pads on work & also using a cylinder shape such as rolling pin work to help your shin condition? - p.s i am new here
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Shin Conditioning - 07/08/05 08:33 AM

Do a search on this subject. It's been discussed in detail before.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Shin Conditioning - 07/08/05 03:37 PM

Sissy, take the pads off

Don't worry about your shins they will toughen as you train and spar, and whats the big deal with shins, you watch to much TV, if Vandam hit the tree the way he did in the movie I can gurantee he would of been on the ground curled up in the fetal position crying! Bet you that tree was a rubber prop too
Posted by: BigRod

Re: Shin Conditioning - 07/29/05 06:33 AM

Kicking the banana bag, best way by far. Also start doing very light shin-to-shin contact in training. Don't ever go full out slamming shins in training, wear the shin gaurds when you want to go hard.

Forget about rolling pins and trees all that other non-sense. As an FYI, the trees thai fighters used to kick (very few still do) were banana trees, which are softer than regular trees. But that's an FYI, don't kick any kind of tree.
Posted by: butterfly

Re: Shin Conditioning - 07/29/05 08:39 PM

Exactly what BR said. I had practiced with two guys who had trained Muay Thai in Thailand...they said the same thing. It is more that you get used to the pain during practice...might be still there, but doesn't bother you as much.

-B