problems with home practice

Posted by: specter

problems with home practice - 06/21/05 12:37 PM

Hi everyone. i do TKD at my dojang from monday to saturday for an hour each day and am trying to practice more at home. but i have a problem being that there is nowhere at home to practice at. i used to practice my poom-se(forms) from 12:00-4:00 out on this street that people use as a parking lot in my naighborhood but it was out in the sun where there was no shade and i burn fairly easy. people would tell me to use sunblock but that doesnt keep me from getting sunburn (it only helps) and i got worried about skin cancer or something else like that and stopped. besides people were parking their cars outside and there was less and less space. plus, people kept staring at me while i practiced because it looked strange to them and im not supposed to be using the street for that stuff anyway. i dont have any other place to practice and would like to be able to practice at home. i do have this rotting deck in the back of my house that i was going to have fixed up and turned into an area to practice at, but in the long run it turned out to be WAAYYY too costly and i cant possibly make the money to do this plan. does anybody have any advice for this? i would like to find a way to keep practicing at home. thanks in advance for any help you all can give me,
specter
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: problems with home practice - 06/21/05 01:35 PM

Try to move the furniture around to make room, otherwise look for a cheap gym in your area (preferably with a punching bag, for resistance training). Bear in mind that you don't need brilliant equipment to train, just a little space. Check with the gym owner whether it's ok to train your TKD there.
Posted by: Celebrian

Re: problems with home practice - 06/22/05 02:21 AM

up until recently i was faced with the same problem as i live in an apartment. for one thing, i didn't like to go on the balcony or the foyer as there isn't enough space, and its awkward when people star at you >.<. now all i do is push all the furniture in the living room to one side, so i have about....6x8 metre training area
Posted by: specter

Re: problems with home practice - 06/22/05 10:44 AM

O.K. guys i have just taken your advice and moved the furmiture in my room. I didnt realize that all i really had to do was move the table and chairs from one part of my room so that i could put my weight bench there instead of th middle of my room where it was. now i can lift weights in one part of my room and practice martial arts in the bigger space in my room! i have space to do MOST things (except for my poomse or forms and putting in a punching bag) although i still want to get that deck fixed up but its not as important anymore.
thanks for the advice guys!
-specter