How to Get Out of Locks

Posted by: Moppy

How to Get Out of Locks - 05/14/05 09:32 PM

They always tell you how to put someone in a lock but never out probley because you'll resist during practice but it would be nice to know how to get out.
Can anyone tell me how to get out of a wrist lock and the arm behind the back (The thing cops do).
Posted by: pathfinder7195

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 05/14/05 11:05 PM

Hello Moppy,

To get out of the arm behind the back take a step forward away from your attacker. By stepping forward it will straighten out your arm releasing the lock.

I need a little more on the wrist lock. Differnet ways for different locks.

Kevin
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 05/16/05 05:23 PM

Why do you wish to know how to keep the police from handcuffing you?

Stepping forward will not get you out of it, if the person knows what they are doing.

My suggestion, seek out a qualified instructor in your area.
Posted by: pathfinder7195

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 05/16/05 11:29 PM

Stepping forward will get you out of the lock. It will straighten the arm out releasing the lock. If the attacker has a hold of your hair hit to the groin. Most often in this lock the attacker will have one arm around your neck the other holding your arm or they will have a hold of your hair/shoulder. Either way both of their arms are tied up while you still have one free hand to strike with. Don't wait to the point where your back is arched back and you are on your tip toes.
As with most locks you can't wait till they are fully applied.

Kevin
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 05/20/05 01:25 PM

Don't let your opponent get you into one in the first place. Getting out of locks takes a LOT of practise and can be dangerous because you risk dislocating your joint by resisting.
Posted by: Strider_Hanzo

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 05/20/05 01:53 PM

I've taken up Dan Zan Ryu Jujitsu lately and from what my sensei tells me is that every technique has a counter to it. So yea in the more advanced levels that i hope to get into eventually there probably is a way to get out of the arm lock that i've been learning.... umm well the arm lock is an escape from a headlock... but whatever i'm just a beginner sharing a thought
Posted by: Hedgehogey

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 05/20/05 02:44 PM

LEARN.

TO.

GRAPPLE.
Posted by: Moppy

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 05/20/05 11:45 PM

Quote:

Why do you wish to know how to keep the police from handcuffing you?

I don't want to stop the police from handcuffing me its just an effective way to keep someone under control and is widely used.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 06/13/05 06:02 PM

Keep this in mind.

The cops or whoever else might chicken wing your arm, if it is for real they are not going to simply let go and let you step away. They also are not helpless as you attack them with your free hand.

Expect them to fight back and hard. More incentive to worry more about not getting into it than looking for easy ways out.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 06/16/05 11:23 AM

In a complete course of study you are taught when to, what to, how to, then how to defend against it and counter. If you are in class wait its coming. If you are not in a school of learning get in one and discover the total package.

Then you will learn the hold, the escape, then the counter to that escape, and counter to that counter....
Posted by: schanne

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 06/16/05 03:32 PM

Lesson #1
If you are the uke and your in a right arm head lock reach your left arm across your attackers back and hold his striking arm/gi, for good reasons. Grab attackers head lock hand with your right hand and turn wrist downward, at the same time raise your body straight up quickly to create space to back out and still holding your attackers hand put it behind his back in the locked arrest position.

Lesson #2
Has anyone ever done a victory roll from a headlock for the grapplers out there, you know what I'm talking about, it's too difficult to expalin through the computer. Most of the time after the roll is executed your opponent will let go, alllllllllthough there are the guys you can hang on through out the entire flip. I'm positive if some one with out training grabbed you in a head lock and you did the roll they would not be hanging on after they landed

Came back to edit..sorry thought it said head locks, I'm old & can't see the screen very good
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 06/16/05 10:46 PM

Most people don't apply this lock correctly. The palm of the trapped hand should be facing the victim's back. It's harder to step forward here, as the pain is MUCH greater, and it makes you go up on your tiptoes.
Posted by: devinw

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 06/17/05 03:52 AM

Quote:

Can anyone tell me how to get out of a wrist lock and the arm behind the back

Sure the best move in the world Tap and stop resiting

Devin
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: How to Get Out of Locks - 06/18/05 05:48 PM

I was trained that there should be space between the hand and the back as well as the palm thing and to reach up with your free hand and control the head-increasing pressure on the shoulder.