Kung fu and jujutsu

Posted by: Lu Bu

Kung fu and jujutsu - 05/14/05 10:16 AM

hey guys havent been on this site for a while looks great.Well I've just taken up traditional japanese jujutsu...what do you guys think?I did bjj for a while but it wasnt my thing but a friend who wants me to do bjj said his seen on martial arts forum how people have said jujutsu is one of the "old ways"

And at this school they have iaijutsu...but they told me in jujutsu I learn how to fight with a tanto,katana and naginata and a chain I think.

And lastly who wears Gi's in jujutsu as I bought a Gi for bjj but now ive taken up jujutsu the dress code looks different.

thanks guys
Posted by: skinner

Re: Kung fu and jujutsu - 05/14/05 12:07 PM

i have been doing a fairy traditional form of jujitsu (fudoshin ryu jujitsu) for about.. *counts* 18 months.. about the Gi's.. out style of jujitsu is rather odd really. the highest ranking dan grade wears entirely black, and any dan grades below him wear a coloured gi (when they get their 1st dan they are assigned a colour that fits their fighting style). everyone else wears a white top and black bottoms. i am not aware of many other martial arts that actually use coloured gi's.. you will have to check what your style of jujitsu uses (i know someone else who does jujitsu and they wear all white)