MMA Training

Posted by: Anonymous

MMA Training - 04/28/05 01:29 PM

Well, it's taken me awhile, but after much research and thought I've finally found which path I want to take in my journey that is Martial Arts.

I've decided to start with BJJ. As I progress I would like to add Thai Boxing and submission grappling to the mix.

I'm very excited because I was able to find two great MMA schools (Team Jorge Gurgel & Beavercreek MA) that are in my area. Rich Franklin from the UFC is listed as an instructor for Team Gurgel. I thought that was pretty cool. Beavercreek MA is an affiliate school of Team Gurgel.

Anyway, I'll go and observe a class at both schools and decide which one is for me and then go from there.

-Steve

Re: MMA Training - 04/29/05 12:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SteveJL:
I've decided to start with BJJ. As I progress I would like to add Thai Boxing and submission grappling to the mix.
-Steve
[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I believe that BJJ is all about submission grappling. Sounds like a good choice. Best of luck in your training.

Re: MMA Training - 04/29/05 01:01 PM

Thanks, Gino. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] They are classifing submission grappling separate of BJJ. I think they are refering to wrestling when they use this terminology.

-Steve