wish me luck

Posted by: Anonymous

wish me luck - 04/20/05 12:17 PM

I'm been recovering from quite a bad car accident for a while, but now after a long break i'm back to training, my goal would be some freefights in future, no hurry make it 2 to 3 years or so. Ive competed in judo, win some tournaments, but thats really the only ring experience i have. Other than that i've trained some karate and wingtsun kungfu, but really not sure if those 2 are gonna help me much at the ring. I signed up for muay thai class starting next month, thought that would be ok for me to learn to kick and punch some. But here comes the question, theres a krav maga class nextdoor to where i live, somehow what little ive seen of it, it looks ok for me... But im really not sure if that would have any practical use at nhb ring, any freefight experienced guys give me opinion,would that be a total waste of time.
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: wish me luck - 04/20/05 03:16 PM

My advice would be to recover more completely & wait for the Muay Thai class to begin; nothing against Krav Maga. Good Luck, Mooze.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: wish me luck - 04/20/05 05:16 PM

I'm not exactly a NHB fighter (other than some vigorous sparring matches). But I can tell you that if you are serious about fighting in a ring / cage then you need to train specifically for that arena.

Well rounded fighters win and most importantly are more capable of protecting themselves from injuries. If all you are going to do is Muay Thai then that's all you'll need to train for, but if you plan on fighting in MMA matches you'd be better off finding a gym that trains MMA fighters.

--Dallas