Interested in Hapkido

Posted by: Anonymous

Interested in Hapkido - 04/15/05 12:04 AM

I am very interested in Hapkido, I have recently just learned of it and I fell in love of it from what I have seen. I know very little in the way of martial arts. I have taken few basic technique classes but the classes closed. There are no schools around here to teach me Hapkido, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites that contain free teachings of some techniques or perhaps some kind people from this website can tell me some basic techniques. I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted by: xerxes

Re: Interested in Hapkido - 04/15/05 11:38 AM

Do not attempt to teach yourself a martial art based on websites, books, or magazine articles. You need a good instructor.

You probably have not searched for a class as thoroughly as you could have. Are you sure you have exhausted all the available resources?

[This message has been edited by xerxes (edited 04-15-2005).]

Re: Interested in Hapkido - 04/15/05 11:49 AM

Yes do not try to learn that way.

I did a quick web search and came up with 11 schools in Lakewood. Look at them talk to the instructors about MA and see if any teach Hapkido. If they don't look at other arts also. You may find that some other arts are interesting to you also.

Good Luck!

JC

Re: Interested in Hapkido - 04/16/05 01:25 PM

Ok thank you for the help, I'll look for those schools and ask around.

But I would still at least look at some of the techniques or read about them to understand some techniques. Personally I love to read, and why not read about something that I have a great interest in that's free?
Posted by: schanne

Re: Interested in Hapkido - 04/18/05 02:31 PM

Here ya go, I think you will enjoy these video clips. It's not the proper way for you to learn but it's a start.
http://hapkido.netro.com.au/Main_files/page0005.htm

Re: Interested in Hapkido - 04/18/05 05:03 PM

Thank you, I'll check those out. I found out that the college I will be attending has Hapkido classes/activities (Colorado State University) So if anyone know hapkido I would like to talk to you about getting ready for taking the classes.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Interested in Hapkido - 04/20/05 09:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sabot:
Thank you, I'll check those out. I found out that the college I will be attending has Hapkido classes/activities (Colorado State University) So if anyone know hapkido I would like to talk to you about getting ready for taking the classes.[/QUOTE]

What would you like to talk about?

Re: Interested in Hapkido - 04/20/05 06:28 PM

Well for example, what exercises should I start doing to get fit for the training, also what streches should I do, and what should I expect physically from the classes.