Live-In Schools

Posted by: Anonymous

Live-In Schools - 03/17/05 04:45 PM

I've never posted here, so I should just start with a hello. I'm a 20 year old with no official training looking for a certified house that might offer live-In training if accepted as a student. I Would not be particular on which style of martial arts as it is really the discipline and doctrine of training I seek, which in my searching I can't find where I am from. If anyone reading this might have some information to point me in the right direction I would be most grateful for your help. thanks
Posted by: schanne

Re: Live-In Schools - 03/23/05 01:01 PM

Looks pretty extreme but you asked.........
www.budokaratehouse.com

[This message has been edited by schanne (edited 03-23-2005).]

Re: Live-In Schools - 03/24/05 10:56 PM

I went to a martial arts academy from 15 to 18, they are expensive about $40k a year plus expenses, I had a very generous sponsor. At 15 I was an exceptional case, age wise I was really far to old to enter the academy when I did and your 20 now.

I do know of six martial arts academies in North America.
San Francisco
Dallas (WheShajion)
Miami
New York
Vancouver
Playa Del Carmen

I can look, if you like, for my annual when I go visit for my mom for Mother’s day it has the name and address of the other academies.

The above academies were established to serve a philosophy and that philosophy is that “Martial Arts is Knowledge, a Tool, a Weapon” they are not schools you enter as a sport in aims of competing in competitions.

Re: Live-In Schools - 03/28/05 03:52 PM

That place looks like somebody watched "Fight Club" one too many times.