CLF vs WC?

Posted by: Anonymous

CLF vs WC? - 03/13/05 12:19 AM

About three months ago, I began kendo and became tired of it quicly as my sensei was rather impatient and thought highly of himself. I actually enjoyed kendo being a mid-weight quick, yet average strength teenager but I wasn't about to move just to study kendo. I looked into kung fu since my dad was persuading me to do jeet kune do (don't like it). I saw two choices: Wing Chun or Choy Li Fut. As of now, I'm 5"1 but my doctor says that I will be about 6"0 by 18 because my dad is 6"4 and my mom is 5"2. I've heard that Wing Chun is more designed for small people or women, but still powerful. And that Choy Li Fut is good for anybody and more powerful at later levels. I found two nearby dojos that I've looked into and they seem ok.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: CLF vs WC? - 03/13/05 12:30 AM

Oh yeah, also like to add that CLF is VERY aggresive in nature, and the philosphy and concept is to overwhelm the opponent with a barrage of nonstop, destructive attacks, EVERY SINGLE ONE (only the trademark CLF attacks mind, not like jabs/hooks) meant to be a KO. So, it utilizes maximum speed WITHOUT sacrificing an ounce of power, unlike other styles which trade speed for power, or power for speed. CLF's signature moves are virtually all circular, arcing blows designed for maximum damage and KOs. They can be used to start or end a fight as well. Also, CLF is more like boxing than alot of the other kung fu styles, we use hooks, jabs, crosses, and different types of uppercuts as well. Think of CLF as a flail or a tornado and you'll get the idea.

Wing Chun is meant to tire opponents while using the LOWEST amount of energy as possible. While doing that WC students attack swift and brutaly.

[This message has been edited by ermac (edited 03-13-2005).]