nunchaku teaching my self

Posted by: Anonymous

nunchaku teaching my self - 03/03/05 05:23 PM

Hey everyone, i got some nunchucks and i was wondering how i could teach myself, like is there any sites? or books or videos where i could teach myself? thanks.

Re: nunchaku teaching my self - 03/05/05 12:02 PM

Get a helmet.

Page

Re: nunchaku teaching my self - 03/06/05 06:42 PM

and a cup

Re: nunchaku teaching my self - 04/12/05 11:29 AM

This is my first time replying to a message and this a good topic for me. I have been doing chucks for about 7 years now and over time I have hit myself many times sometimes lightly, many times not so lightly. I have an excellent instructor has helped me develope my techniques. I practice the lissajoudo chux system. Most importanly the thing to watch out for is safety. You can get yourself pretty hurt doing chux. The best thing for you is find yourself an instructor first. If that doesn't work, you can purchase videos on the lissajoudo system or any other system that suits you. I will have to tell you the lissajoudo system is very complex but is well worth the hard work. I would purchase a pair of foam chux first with the string, not the chain. Good luck on your search and remember, safety, safety....respond if you have any questions
Posted by: Shaolinboy

Re: nunchaku teaching my self - 04/12/05 06:36 PM

Theres some good books on Nunchuku training by Fumio Demura. BUt do begin with foam nunchuks as they won't hurt as much. Try simple things like swinging them in a figure of eight motion. Its hard to describe tyhe other techniques I know without showing you.
I have just completed a nunchuk form in my kung fu class whichn i was graded on for my brown sash and it looks awesome!
Posted by: Reiki

Re: nunchaku teaching my self - 04/13/05 02:47 PM

Please!
Join a dojo and get proper instruction.