Defence

Posted by: Anonymous

Defence - 02/27/05 09:04 AM

hello, I am a 30 year old male who is very interested in learning a MA, I have 15 years of wrestling experience and am a south paw switcher, meaning I can go south paw or regular right handed stance. I can pretty much handle myself now but I want to ensure life long lessons and defence abillity. In this day and age, I want to be ready for whatever can hapen to me or my family. I train from home with a training bag, weights and many push ups.... I am looking to this site for ideas, locations and thoughts from experienced trainers.
I have looked into Jeet Kun Do, Pressure point fighting and others. What do you think I should lean toward or think about in my training efforts.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Defence - 02/27/05 10:06 PM

Tactical handgun use.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Defence - 02/28/05 09:49 AM

Look around, there are a lot of MA out there. Find one which you think suits you.

You already have a good background having experience in wrestling and boxing. Keep practising these if you can. Perhaps you would like to augment your wrestling with a grappling MA such as Brazillian or Japanese Jujitsu. Or maybe vary your strikes with a martial art such as Muay Thai.

Whatever you pick I wish you the best in your training.

[This message has been edited by Leo_E_49 (edited 02-28-2005).]