ideas?

Posted by: Anonymous

ideas? - 01/28/05 04:49 PM

hello everyone. my name is mark. a newbie to this site and wondering if anyone has trained in either tang soo do or enshin ..you see ive held a cho dan in tsd for over nine years and fairly recently started training in enshin(not actively at present) and was looking for suggestions on teaching curriculum..i.e. if i teach in a traditional format there comes the problem of slight or major differences...katas/hyungs, stances,etc...the two will complement each other though i dont want to confuse students..so anyway,input?

IP: Logged

Re: ideas? - 01/29/05 12:40 AM

Hi Mark,
Personally I don't believe in teaching something you haven't fully learned or combining arts just to make your own style.
Why don't you just teach tsd?

All American Goju Karate

Re: ideas? - 02/01/05 01:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SANCHIN31:
Hi Mark,
Personally I don't believe in teaching something you haven't fully learned or combining arts just to make your own style.
Why don't you just teach tsd?

All American Goju Karate
[/QUOTE]

i dont believe in making up my own style either..its just that the enshin approach is a littlemore practical as far as striking arts go(in my opinion)though i dont wish to omit certain techniques that are of benefit..my friends teenage son would like to start training but id like to teach him aspects of enshin.....i do not want to teach the boy basic techniques without incorporating traditional line drills,forms,and ettiquette,but on the same token..their is much to be gotten from both styles,subtle differences and large differences in framing,stances...sanchin dachi vs.horse stance etc....beyond the drilling..if i see my future in enshin...what do you think i should do? i know this all sounds very trivial but even in teaching basics..do i introduce him to a roundhouse kick as mawashi-geri or tollyo chagi? little things and id rather not just teach the kid fundamentals..which are in most respects the same...