wing chun

Posted by: Anonymous

wing chun - 01/23/05 04:42 PM

I'm 14 and just starting out wing chun, does anyone have any personal good or bad experience with it?

Re: wing chun - 01/31/05 02:02 PM

Well it help me become more faster and more skill close range.....

*Inuyasha*

Re: wing chun - 02/01/05 04:42 AM

Im having a great time learning Wing Chun
My teachers are fantastic Our main sifu is well versed in Wing chun, Tae Kwan do, Judo, Kendo and Kali stick fighting.
In class I have found him to be serious, never harsh, never raising his voice at you but always there to correct your mistakes, to let you know what you need to work on
He never gives me or my kung fu brothers any false confidence by telling us we are doing great when we arent.
And as far as money is concerned they both tell us to pay when we can, and it is certainly not a great amount. Unfortunately I only have 1 lesson per week so its incumbent upon me to train constantly in my own time.
My teachers can also be hilarious and humourous during class when they wishe to be
I would consider myself extremely fortunate to have hit the jackpot with such great, skilled and kind teachers.
The first time I had a class the warm up made me almost faint! and im not exaggerating either but since then my body has become conditioned to it and now i can hold a horse stance for 65 seconds, Im working towards 70, in 5 second increments, maybe one day ill reach 2 mins, cant wait for that!
Wing Chun is a beautiful, powerful art and Im grateful to be learning from my teachers I hope you enjoy it too