Nunchaku Techniques

Posted by: Anonymous

Nunchaku Techniques - 12/31/04 11:20 PM

Hello again. I GOT A PAIR OF NUNCHAKUS FOR X-MAS!! It was a suprise, so.... But the downside: I know hardly anything! The only thing I know how to do are the things that the awesome Bruce Lee does in Enter the Dragon, but not nearly as fast... They are hardwood nunchakus with (I know this sounds stupid) upholster tacs (the metal things that are round on the ends and... yeah) in them. They are pretty good to say the least, and their black! Yea. Alright, enough of that then. I am a HUGE martial arts fan and only know things that I have seen and tought to myself. I try to train very hard with what little bit of equipment I have, but my skills aren't even worth recognititon. So, does anyone have anything that can help my nunchaku skills, text instructions or pictures, that you could share? I can't get books off of the internet or videos of that sort. I hope that someone can help. Much appreciated and thanks to any and all sugguestions and tips in advance.

Re: Nunchaku Techniques - 02/28/05 11:05 AM

hi, i am a martial arts fan and i love the nunchaku weapon and so i baught one note [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]i purchased a foam nunchaku that is made for trainig purposes), anyway the only tricks i knew was the one's that i learned of the bruce lee movies anyway i wanted to lear more so i purchased a step by step instructional dvd. There was so many to choose from and the prices were ridiculous, anyway i just chose one at random and i got to say i know how to do nearly every trick and not only with 1 nunckaku but 2 aswell, anyway if you would like i could make you a copy of this dvd and send you it because i was just like you i wanted to learn. just email me and we'll sort something out.

kind regards,
kaz
Posted by: senseilou

Re: Nunchaku Techniques - 02/28/05 01:21 PM

While you two are playing with your Nunchuka's you may be interested that they are against most city ordinances and only can be used or carried in a martial arts school. I had a Nunchuka class at a park and was stopped and questioned twice by police. Better learn what you are doing first, and find out the laws where you live. it would be a shame to have them confiscated and you arrested. In this city they are illegal, and can only be carried back and forth to class.
Posted by: csinca

Re: Nunchaku Techniques - 03/05/05 02:08 PM

Whomever gave them to you for Christmas must not like you very much.

Best bet is to find someone to train you. Outside of that, get a helmet

Re: Nunchaku Techniques - 03/22/05 10:33 AM

Mimicking what you see in movies is not martial arts. You are just playing with weapons. Serious instruction is needed to learn the true purposes of the art. Nunchakus are not toys.

Re: Nunchaku Techniques - 04/12/05 11:43 AM

Hello yorik17,

This is my first time replying to a message and this a good topic for me. I have been doing chucks for about 7 years now and over time I have hit myself many times sometimes lightly, many times not so lightly. I have an excellent instructor has helped me develope my techniques. I practice the lissajoudo chux system. Most importanly
the thing to watch out for is safety. You can get yourself pretty hurt doing chux. The best thing for you is find yourself an instructor first. If that doesn't work, you can purchase videos on the lissajoudo system or any other system that suits you. I will have to tell you the lissajoudo system is very complex but is well worth the hard work. I would purchase a pair of foam chux first with the string, not the chain. I would definatly listen to Chatan1979. Chux are not toys and you can get yourself hurt very easily. I would definately go the route of looking for well qualified instructor they will guide you in the right direction with your safety in mind...good luck.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Nunchaku Techniques - 04/13/05 02:49 PM

Please!
Join a dojo and get proper instruction...

Re: Nunchaku Techniques - 04/28/05 10:37 AM

Anyone know where a good dojo is located?? or at least the name of a good instructional video?