I would like to find a long intensive course.

Posted by: Anonymous

I would like to find a long intensive course. - 11/17/04 11:43 AM

Hello.
I was looking for a little help in finding a martial arts course suitable to my circumstances and interests.

I am a 19 year old student studying experimental psychology at Oxford University, England. Unfortunately, family events have meant that I have had to take a year out from study, this leaves me with a great deal of free time. I used to do judo when I was much younger and would like to use six months or so to do a full-time intensive course in martial art(s). I am not sure which one exactly. I am looking for two things; a distinctive mental and physical sharpening and usefulness in self defence.

I would be willing to this in any country under any conditions. I have lived for some time in a Buddhist monastery near Darjeeling.

Please, if anyone can recommend a suitable course, teacher.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I would like to find a long intensive course. - 11/18/04 05:56 PM

Since you are already in England you might try contacting Iain Abernethy (http://www.iainabernethy.com). I don't know him personally but judging by his books he really knows his stuff. Traditional approach. Big on deciphering kata for practical application. I used some of his materials to research a book on that subject and was very impressed by him.