SALUTATION

Posted by: Anonymous

SALUTATION - 07/28/04 11:22 AM

HELLO I AM A BEGINNER IN KENPO KARATE AND I REALLY NEED HELP LEARNING MY SALUTATION IF SOMEONE WOULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO LIKE THE STEPS OR SOMETHING PLEAZE

Re: SALUTATION - 07/30/04 08:50 AM

This would be pretty darn difficult to do justice to just through the written word!

Ask your instructor(s) and/or senior classmates.
If they are worth their salt, they'll take the time to help you out!

Papa
John

Re: SALUTATION - 09/04/04 01:48 PM

keep training dont think to much about it,
lern whot you can. mabey lern what each action represents ie, warriors scholler/praying for what weve done and are about to do/whiping the blood of your weapon
Posted by: senseilou

Re: SALUTATION - 09/07/04 02:07 AM

Every movement means something, and I suggest you ask your Sensei as well. There are several translations of the Salutation, and some call this Udunde in Okinawan. It is the explaination of the Kempo salutation. I found this odd but was taught the Okinawan translation from a Kempo Sensei. We must remember that Okinawan Kempo made a stop in Hawaii before coming here. Many of the Kempo styles came out at this time. So there is a natural link between the two. I have seen both Okinawan translation and Kempo translation and from the Grandmasters who show them, many of them teach both versions. However, some simplify them and just show the salutation as the salutation, not as technique. I shared what I learned about the Kempo salutation with a friend of mine who trains in American Kempo and when I explained the salutation, his answer was "could be, but its not". Some people chose to believe one answer and that is all, but there are more.
Posted by: sunspots

Re: SALUTATION - 09/15/04 10:40 AM

If you are in Parker System American Kenpo I can help you, I am a Blue Belt, and teach Beginners/Juniors in my dojo. Let me know!

Respectfully,

sunspots