HOME MADE TRAINING EQUIPMENT

Posted by: IRONMAN

HOME MADE TRAINING EQUIPMENT - 08/19/03 08:52 AM

Any one got any ideas or for home made training equipment.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: HOME MADE TRAINING EQUIPMENT - 08/19/03 05:24 PM

for training what?

plse be more specific

Re: HOME MADE TRAINING EQUIPMENT - 08/20/03 08:16 AM

ANYTHING KICKING, PUNCHING, SPEED, CONTROL, BALANCE, SELF DEFENCE, CONDITIONING, POWER,...........................
Posted by: JohnL

Re: HOME MADE TRAINING EQUIPMENT - 08/20/03 05:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IRONMAN:
ANYTHING KICKING, PUNCHING, SPEED, CONTROL, BALANCE, SELF DEFENCE, CONDITIONING, POWER,...........................[/QUOTE]

Not specific enough.
If you need this lot, find a gym.

And turn the caps off.

JohnL
Posted by: StormDOA

Re: HOME MADE TRAINING EQUIPMENT - 08/20/03 09:49 PM

I made a Kunga, which is basically a hitting post. I took an old telephone pole took about ten feet of it and sunk it 4 ft. deep. Put a layer of padding on the middle section and wrapped it in thick rope. I also added two 1 1/2 inch thick 24-30 inch arms of wood dowel. I use it for kicking and punch with blocks and traps.
I also suggest the use of a bike inner tube and a stationary object for resistance training with any forward kicks or punches.
Using a weight to go through a movement is always good for muscle precision, just be sure not to actually do the technique full speed it wil strain your joints.
I use a broomstick and a partner for block and trap combos.
Besides the endless variations of abdominal and leg and arm exercises, there are a thousand isometrtic exercises foroverall muscle control and body awareness.
Any object swinging from a rope or string is good for weaving, timing, perception and accuracy.
Do a form with weights or weapon form with a similar, but yet crucially different feature (i.e. weight or protrusions). This is great for the adaptibility of the techniques and the muscle control.
Candles for speed and accuracy, there a million ideas. Just think of what you want to work on, analyze the movement and find a way to work on the difficult portions.

Good Luck [QUOTE]Originally posted by IRONMAN:
Any one got any ideas or for home made training equipment.[/QUOTE]

Re: HOME MADE TRAINING EQUIPMENT - 08/21/03 11:00 AM

StormDOA thanks for the info very helpfull.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnL:
Not specific enough.
If you need this lot, find a gym.

And turn the caps off.

JohnL
[/QUOTE]

--JohnL what is exactly so hard to under stand about the question? (sorry about the caps)

[This message has been edited by IRONMAN (edited 08-21-2003).]