what fighting style

Posted by: cheeech

what fighting style - 05/14/03 10:16 PM

I am from the bay area northren california. I do not go to exactly the greatest skool and it is pretty rough at times. And i was trying to find a fighting style that works the best for street fights. I dont care about tourniments or any of that other stuff. I just want a style that works well for fights self defense and defense against knives and bats. Any books video or anything else is greatly apreciated thanks.
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: what fighting style - 05/15/03 03:18 AM

Asking the question that we would all love the answer to.

But I will have a stab at it (get it, stab - ok not funny). I would probably try systema for knife fighting, the best I've seen.

Try

https://russianmartialart.com/bin/loadpage.cgi?id+products.html

[This message has been edited by UKfightfreak (edited 05-15-2003).]
Posted by: cheeech

Re: what fighting style - 05/15/03 11:24 PM

Thanks for the help but what martial arts style is the best for street fighting thanks for your help.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UKfightfreak:
Asking the question that we would all love the answer to.

But I will have a stab at it (get it, stab - ok not funny). I would probably try systema for knife fighting, the best I've seen.

Try

https://russianmartialart.com/bin/loadpage.cgi?id+products.html

[This message has been edited by UKfightfreak (edited 05-15-2003).]
[/QUOTE]
Posted by: viper aus

Re: what fighting style - 05/16/03 06:16 AM

you'll find that most instructors will tell you thiers is the bset style but honestly you have to sample diferent types of martial arts before you settle on key style
ask any of the particpants on this site how many style they have trained in and iwould be suprised if they have stayed with the same stlye throughout their training
we are all looking for that extra move or hold or strike that will make us a better martial artist
myself , i have trained in Taekwondo - Kenpo Kia Karate - Gracie Brazillian Jujitsu - Tang Soo Do - Illustrisimo Kali and if i can steel anything from other stlyes that will enhance the perfomance of my students i will