Whoa there Jamoni

Posted by: ishinnick

Whoa there Jamoni - 03/15/03 03:13 PM

entry removed by poster

[This message has been edited by ishinnick (edited 03-16-2003).]
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Whoa there Jamoni - 03/15/03 05:04 PM

What are you talking about? Look do me and everyone else here a favor, dont go trying to stir trouble. We are here to better are selves not to question someones credibility. You think I am full of it then so be it. Will it affect the way I train? The way I think? Will it keep me awake at night? No, No, No. Ask yourself this. Why would I post something that sounds extreme if it werent true? I have no need to impress any of you and if I was going to lie about something i would say "Im a grandmaster in five styles" or something stupid like that. If you really dont think so you can come watch me spar for eight hours one day. Makes no difference to me.

Re: Whoa there Jamoni - 03/16/03 11:21 AM

Entry removed by poster with appologies.

[This message has been edited by ishinnick (edited 03-16-2003).]

Re: Whoa there Jamoni - 03/16/03 01:08 PM

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Its cool. Nick do you train just in isshinryu?

Re: Whoa there Jamoni - 03/16/03 02:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chen Zen:
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Its cool. Nick do you train just in isshinryu?[/QUOTE]

Hi Chen Zen,
actually I train in Ishinryu as in the British (Ticky Donovan's) Ishinryu , not the Isshinryu that is known in the USA, but as it is not really known too much in the USA it is often mixed up with Isshinryu. Our Ishinryu is basically derived from Sensei Donovan's training in Wado Ryu, Shotokan and Kykoshinkai .
. I would describe it as traditional with a sports style influence seeing as how Sensei Donovan has been the British team coach for donkeys years !!
Sorry to rag on at you about your sparring, in fact I was just about to remove my forum entries when I noticed your reply.
Yours in Martial Arts
Nick

Re: Whoa there Jamoni - 03/16/03 03:42 PM

Nick, Its no big thing. I never knew there was a difference in U.S. Isshinryu and British. Interesting, I wonder why this is. Have you experienced American Isshinryu? Is there a gid difference or just little nuances here and there? Regards, Chen Zen

Re: Whoa there Jamoni - 03/17/03 07:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chen Zen:
Nick, Its no big thing. I never knew there was a difference in U.S. Isshinryu and British. Interesting, I wonder why this is. Have you experienced American Isshinryu? Is there a gid difference or just little nuances here and there? Regards, Chen Zen[/QUOTE]

Hi Chen Zen,
While I have not actually experienced Isshinryu I beleive it to be a spin off from Gojo ryu so yes I would think they would be quite different.I'll give you a link to a good Ishinryu site from England if you would like to check it out, it shows the Katas that we do which are probably differnet entirely from the American Isshinryu. www.upminster.ishinryu.btinternet.co.uk/

Cheers
Nick