I want to learn myself

Posted by: btces0476

I want to learn myself - 12/08/02 12:02 AM

I am really interested in matial arts, but I am not comfortable learning with others. I am not cocky or anything, but I am not good learning around other people. If anyone has a website or anything that can teach me stances or moves for any martial art, please tell me. thanks
Posted by: isshinryu kid

Re: I want to learn myself - 12/08/02 05:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by btces0476:
I am really interested in matial arts, but I am not comfortable learning with others. I am not cocky or anything, but I am not good learning around other people. If anyone has a website or anything that can teach me stances or moves for any martial art, please tell me. thanks[/QUOTE] I was the same way many yrs ago when I started, But after meetin some of the blk belts everthing got much better. So if you realy have the desire to become a martial artist,You Woul need the proper instruction from a cerified instructor of course.& Make sure its family oriented,But plz dont try to learn it off the internet. PS THNX 4 LIstening

Re: I want to learn myself - 12/08/02 08:17 PM

Yea, I might end up doing that, but no place here is really committed. I checked out a karate place, but it wasn't what I really wanted. I want a place where i can be really close to the trainer and not just in one of his many classes. I guess I will have to just keep searching for what I am looking for. Thanks though for the insight on things.
Posted by: senseilou

Re: I want to learn myself - 12/10/02 11:30 PM

Here is a hint:
Look for a Sensei that offers private classes, some may even come to your home. Its a bit more expensive, but if that is what you want, you should be able to find one. Just a note, depending on what style you want to do, it may be hard for a Sensei to do a private. An example-you really need a partner for groundwork, because the Sensei can't really detail when he is helping take the falls or giving you an arm bar. Also, you don't get the experience of dealing with sizes, in private classes, but that can come later. Another avenue is tapes though, picking up concepts and priciples from a tape is hard, but better than the internet

Re: I want to learn myself - 12/11/02 10:08 AM

[QUOTE]I Can't believe it I actully agree with lou on this one.

Re: I want to learn myself - 12/11/02 08:26 PM

Yea I know I would need some partner, and i can probably find one, It will still be hard to find someone to teach me around here, cause it isn't a huge thing around here. I guess I will just have to drive around until i find a place. haha. alright thanks

Re: I want to learn myself - 12/12/02 07:20 AM

[QUOTE]You Can do one or two things,You Can find some one to teach tou privately. Which The cost would be much more.Or You can learn from a place where they would teach you individualy. PS Whish Ya the best.