how many situp does it tak to get abbs?

Posted by: Jugernaunt

how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 04/18/04 08:24 PM

Im really skinny does that also affect me and is there a faster way and how would you do that exercise?
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 04/19/04 07:07 AM

Ur..

How many sit-ups to get abs?

Non, its not a very effective exercise for developing the abs - its really a hipflexor strenthener.

You would be better off with lying leg thrusts, crunches 1/4 situps etc. etc.
Posted by: Spanky-77

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 04/21/04 11:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UKfightfreak:
Ur..

How many sit-ups to get abs?

Non, its not a very effective exercise for developing the abs - its really a hipflexor strenthener.

You would be better off with lying leg thrusts, crunches 1/4 situps etc. etc.
[/QUOTE]
And eating a proper diet with plenty of protein to build the muscle that you are tearing with exercise. PLEASE don't neglect the other muscles in your body because your abs will be stimulated with various movments as a secondary or stabilizing muscle. You would look STUPID with six-pack abs and not chest, arms, or legs to go with them.
Posted by: Askey

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 06/27/07 06:17 PM

The best way is to do crunches. Start out with like 20-40 a day. Slowly work your way up to about a 100-120 a day. It will work. That's what I did. works wonders.

Here is some info about getting flat abbs

Regards,
Don Askey.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 06/27/07 06:27 PM

Oh dear. Situps do not make abs. Low bodyfat does. Go jogging or something.
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 06/27/07 06:53 PM

I agree with Leo. I allways do crunches and other ab excercises and sure it shows. After about 2 football practices of running though, oh man they showed. Sprinting, swimming, running all of these things get the abs; make sure though you add crunches in with them though.
Posted by: TeK9

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 07/02/07 06:31 PM

Leo this isn't a challenge or anything, but I've seen guys who can be considered "beefy" like pro wrestlers. These guys are buff, and have big waist lines yet they still have abdominals showing.

I understand a good diet with the proper abdominal exercies are good, crunches, lats, bicycles, leg raises, and sit ups. These can give the appearance of a lean stomach with a low fat, low-mid carbo, high protein diet.

But what about those guys with the big waist lines who have ab definitions. Obviously they work their abdominals but have huge waist lines.

These guys are like the opposite of body builders. They have muscles but are not lean and cut.
Posted by: Viator

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 07/02/07 08:07 PM

Those wrestlers still have a low body fat percentage, they're just built like trucks. If you want crazy Flex cover 3 inch protruding abs, sorry, you're not gonna get 'em. Those guys have been working their asses off for years, they diet like madmen, and they abuse steriods till they're left broken hulks. You get good abs by doing sit ups, crunches, leg raises, captains chairs, etc, and then by weight management.

Super defined abs aren't that important anyway. Look at BJ Penn or Fedor. http://www.sherdog.com/news/picture_gallery.asp?pic_id=26001&f_id=1307&my_page=4
http://www.sherdog.com/news/picture_gallery.asp?pic_id=3232&f_id=1500&my_page=
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 07/03/07 04:32 AM

Quote:

Leo this isn't a challenge or anything, but I've seen guys who can be considered "beefy" like pro wrestlers. These guys are buff, and have big waist lines yet they still have abdominals showing.

I understand a good diet with the proper abdominal exercies are good, crunches, lats, bicycles, leg raises, and sit ups. These can give the appearance of a lean stomach with a low fat, low-mid carbo, high protein diet.

But what about those guys with the big waist lines who have ab definitions. Obviously they work their abdominals but have huge waist lines.

These guys are like the opposite of body builders. They have muscles but are not lean and cut.

Quite agreed, however, if they put on too much fat, they'll not have abs anymore will they? Bigger abs show more easily, to be sure, but you don't have to have huge abs for them to be visible. Plus, even if you do have huge abs, being overweight will most likely hide them. Body fat plays a bigger role in ab "visibility" than muscle size does.
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 07/03/07 10:46 AM

Just to add to what you guys are saying. You can be big without being fat. The big guys are the ones who will most likely have the abs.
Posted by: musicalmike235

Re: how many situp does it tak to get abbs? - 07/03/07 10:09 PM

How many situps does it take to get abs? Aparently more than you have done so far.