Kinesis training

Posted by: choonbee

Kinesis training - 09/10/11 02:34 PM

Has anyone here ever done any type of resistance training using a kenisis wall, and if so, what is your opinion as to it's benefits/drawbacks.
Posted by: Zach_Zinn

Re: Kinesis training - 09/10/11 03:09 PM

Looks like good training, but I question the need for the wall, it seems like you can achieve the same thing with a bit of surgical tubing, or a therapy/toga band that can be bought for almost nothing.

The movements being done, I can do the same thing with a therapy band and my backyard deck...i'm sure the wall is quite versatile, but it seems like a bit of a gimmick for a form of exercise that is already readily available without a gym, or an expert to help/receive your payment.

Re: Kinesis training - 09/10/11 07:36 PM

Supposedly the wall conceales weight stacks, cables, pullys, ect, so you can increase the weight for the movement that you're doing. You use a pin to change the weight on the stack, like a universal set-up.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2004042466_kinesis02.html
Posted by: Zach_Zinn

Re: Kinesis training - 09/10/11 08:13 PM

Right...i'm just not seeing how this is much different from what i'm talking about, in which case you just grab the cord higher for more resistance.

I'm sure there are some things the wall can do that you cannot with a cord, but I imagine if you are looking for that kind of training you can get pretty far without the wall...

Re: Kinesis training - 09/10/11 09:58 PM

It's at the same health club where I box at, (convieniently enough),so I'll try to check it out this week, and maybe get one of the trainers to show me some movements on it.
I'm curious about which features make it stand out as well. I agree that you could probably do pretty well without it, but I wanted to get some more info on it and maybe try it out before I come to any conclusions about it.