Bigger Stronger Faster (movie)

Posted by: MattJ

Bigger Stronger Faster (movie) - 10/31/09 08:12 PM

Haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/31/1108385/bloody-elbow-movie-review-bigger
Posted by: Cord

Re: Bigger Stronger Faster (movie) - 10/31/09 08:31 PM

Bigger Faster Stronger is a brilliant movie, I believe it was produced by Michael Moore.

Some real eye openers in this film, among them, the IOC chief physician admitting that 45% of Olympic athletes are competing 'illegaly' re. performance enhancers (that was his 'played down' optimistic figure wink ), interviews with FDA and congress reps. involved with sports biochemistry legislation demonstrating no knowledge of what they govern, and a 'smoking gun' IOC report that shows Carl Lewis tested positive for the exact same substance as Ben Johnson in the off season prior to that fatefull race. Lewis got a warning, Johnson a lifetime ban. Its all in the timimg.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Bigger Stronger Faster (movie) - 11/01/09 01:37 PM

I hadn't seen it but heard about it and wanted to see it. Downloading as we speak so will tell you what I think about it shortly.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Bigger Stronger Faster (movie) - 11/01/09 09:27 PM

Not sure but I didn't see anything to do with Michael Moore on this.

I enjoyed this; very informative. Speaks volumes because people really have NO CLUE about steroids. Some will call this hog wash and showing what the producers wanted to but I say just the opposite, we as society are the ones with the blind eyes and dole out misinformation.

A must see.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Bigger Stronger Faster (movie) - 11/03/09 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Dereck
Not sure but I didn't see anything to do with Michael Moore on this.

His company distributed it, and he helped fund it as far as I am aware.

Glad you liked it. It's an eye opener wink