Supremor's workout routine!

Posted by: Supremor

Supremor's workout routine! - 04/22/08 11:14 AM

No reason why I'm offering it really, just thought it would be interesting for other people to see my gym routine, and to get some feedback on what you think. I go to the gym 4 days a week and do about 40 minutes of lifting with a warm-up and warm-down aswell.

Monday:

Squat 5x5
Dumbell Overhead Press 5x5

Tuesday:

Deadlift 5x5
Dumbell Bench Press 5x5

Thursday:

Squat 5x5
Dumbell Overhead Press 5x5

Friday:

Deadlift 5x5
Weighted Pull-up 5x5

I go to a lovely gym here in Poland which is about 1 minute's walk from my house. I'm making good progess and have been lifting for around 2 years on and off(I took time off during my exams). But I'm a pretty relaxed guy, if I have a date with a girl then I am happy to forego a session for such a small inconvenience, and sometimes ManU matches force me to reschedule

My diet is basically a normal balanced diet. I take no protein shakes, but I do eat meat both for lunch and for supper, usually red meat at lunch and fish or white meat in the evening.

As for my goals, vital in weight training ofcourse, I feel I am following it purely to get stronger and more explosive in my sports- basketball, judo and taekwon-do.

If you ask me about aesthetics, then I would definitely say I don't want to look repulsive, but I figure that anyone who is fit, healthy and athletic will have no such problems. I think my weight is around 68kilos and I am 5'7" tall. I expect I will gain some weight, and I guess that's okay. I'm not trying to stay small, but at the same time I am not looking to get really big- if it happens it happens.

So that's it, feel free to criticise or comment
Posted by: Cord

Re: Supremor's workout routine! - 04/23/08 05:13 AM

I like it. You may find over time, that your progress plateaus in your squat and deads- visiting these movements 4 times a week may be a bit much long term, but while it works and you feel good, then keep at it

Re: Supremor's workout routine! - 04/23/08 06:10 AM

Quote:

I like it. You may find over time, that your progress plateaus in your squat and deads- visiting these movements 4 times a week may be a bit much long term, but while it works and you feel good, then keep at it

Thanks! I expect I will start to plateau at some point, but honestly don't see it happening for another few months, afterall I'm only really a novice at this, so I shouldn't have to change things up too often. When I do stop seeing good gains, then I will probably lower the frequency of training, and increase the volume in the sessions themselves- probably change to a 3x8 or 4x8. Not important at the moment.

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on doing 3 pushing exercises: bench and shoulder press(x2) and only one pulling exercise: Pull-up. For a while I was doing the pull-up twice a week, but I found it is such a challenging exercise, that I was too fatigued the second time I did them to really put 100% into it. I guess I follow the rule, if I can't do it with 100% effort, then there's probably something better I could be doing, so I removed it from my second workout.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Supremor's workout routine! - 04/23/08 07:43 AM

Quote:

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on doing 3 pushing exercises: bench and shoulder press(x2) and only one pulling exercise: Pull-up.

Dude, you are not only doing 1 pulling exercise. Deadlifts are the ultimate pulling exercise, thats why your routine remains balanced.

Re: Supremor's workout routine! - 04/23/08 09:30 AM

Aha, I wasn't even thinking about it! No ofcourse you're right Cord, I will have no more doubts about it.
Posted by: _kyle

Re: Supremor's workout routine! - 05/01/08 11:13 AM

Looks good although that many deadlifts and squats in a week would make newb like me cry mercy after a few weeks haha.

You do pretty much the same exercises as me which is good for me hehe.